Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

The official "hug it out kawasaki family" nonsense thread brought to you by Haters!

Alright ladies, gentlemen, and haters, it has been a well known fact that in this green family we fight more than everyone else on this site (except for the Honda section) we need to learn to work together so we can work through all the "haters" on this section. First and foremost I would like to welcome you and express my elation that you have made it this far. You may think "Sean, I can read, I made it this far. " To which my response would be "Yes you can, but you are one of three or four whom read the post and understand it before posting something ignorant and hurtful towards someone who offers you help" I am also fairly certain you may respond along the lines of "But (insert username here) told me I was wrong and that (insert part name here) wouldn't work and now they are hating on me for doing it differently". My response would be "Ah yes, there is a very good reason for that. They have been around for a while and know (insert ski model here) it is advice that you asked for, that is the correct way to do it, there may be other ways but that is the safest/best/most reliable/shiniest/best for attracting a mate/lowest stress on your prostate/ and so on. Also let me say that they aren't hating (unless you deserve it or bring it upon yourself by posting inflamitory comments or personal attacks) they are simply typing on a computer. This action inherently limits the ability of the reader to determine the tone or emotion of the post, my recommendation would be to read it again and try to find out if they meant to insult you or were trying to explain that this part is not ideal."

Those are my suggestions but what do I know I am just a hater.
    "I'll hate on em till they broke and got nothin' just like me"

Sean

+1
    I hate to be behind a sea-poo............... I'm hating it!!! Am I a hater now? But I love all the veterans advice here on GH and lets give them some respect

+1
    Amen, more than anything else we should be faster than the other brands. Band together, talk shit but be helpful.

Sesn

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    ...But (insert username here) told me I was wrong and that (insert part name here) wouldn't work and now they are hating on me for doing it differently". My response would be "Ah yes, there is a very good reason for that. They have been around for a while and know (insert ski model here) it is advice that you asked for, that is the correct way to do it, there may be other ways but that is the safest/best/most reliable/shiniest/best...Also let me say that they aren't hating (unless you deserve it or bring it upon yourself by posting inflamitory comments or personal attacks) they are simply typing on a computer. This action inherently limits the ability of the reader to determine the tone or emotion of the post, my recommendation would be to read it again and try to find out if they meant to insult you or were trying to explain that this part is not ideal...

Sean
    Very good points. I do sometimes wonder if everyone knows who they are talking to. Some real experts here. So what if they are sometimes short. Cant assume the worst and take it personal.

+1
    This is a great thread.
    I just wrote a rant on anothe thread. Not only search the question you are about to ask that have been asked twice a week sincethe ski was designed but search the post made by certain members. Most questions would be answered and if you searched the correct members post you will end the day much more intelligent that when you woke up.
    Sean to you and the others that have helped me I thank you.

+1
    i dont know how many times i have thought to myself i have had enough here and this is my last post, i still come back, why? because it worries me of the advise that some guys hand out after having there ultra for a week and know it all. we are all still learning. i now have a great understanding of how frustrated skip become at times i know he felt the same way it really does do your head in at times.

+1
    Thanks! I do my best to share what has been shared with me, that's the purpose of this section and we need to make sure that is realized.

Yeah, I think back to the times Skip and you guys would (and still do) help me out and I consider myself a pretty open-minded person. I never got mad that y'all were telling me my ideas wouldn't work I just took the wisdom you had and ran with it feeling privileged that it had been shared with someone new like myself. On the other hand I also learned your sense of humor from the 250 site so that helped too.

I am glad that you and the aussie crew keep coming back, it would be a real loss if some punk ran you off.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Thanks! I do my best to share what has been shared with me, that's the purpose of this section and we need to make sure that is realized.

Yeah, I think back to the times Skip and you guys would (and still do) help me out and I consider myself a pretty open-minded person. I never got mad that y'all were telling me my ideas wouldn't work I just took the wisdom you had and ran with it feeling privileged that it had been shared with someone new like myself. On the other hand I also learned your sense of humor from the 250 site so that helped too.

I am glad that you and the aussie crew keep coming back, it would be a real loss if some punk ran you off.

Sean
    Sean,
    You are wise beyond your years. I wish more of the young 20 something year olds dealt with this forum like you do. Most of them are smart ass disrespectfull internet punks who probably still live with mommy and have had everything (including their ski) handed to them their entire life. They will probably come on here and flame me for saying that but it's not to hard to figure them out. Back in early 2007 when the 250's were hitting the water, it was amazing the number of knowledgeable people from all over the world that posted and shared info in the Kawi section. 95% of them have moved on and won't be coming back. I wish all the Johnny come latelys could have seen the number of people we had back then. Maybe then they would understand who really knows what.

I doubt there are very many of those 20 somethings on this board, for the most part 99% of us seem to be intelligent hard working adults with a passion for this great past time we all love so much. This board is all about sharing knowledge and helping each other out, it's not very difficult to figure out who the bad apples are and just ignore them. Sure the boys from the land of Oz can come off a little quirky sometimes and i'm sure we all have our moments, wev'e already lost the greatest person and asset to come along the Kawi boards, lets not lose anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Sean,
    You are wise beyond your years. I wish more of the young 20 something year olds dealt with this forum like you do. Most of them are smart ass disrespectfull internet punks who probably still live with mommy and have had everything (including their ski) handed to them their entire life. They will probably come on here and flame me for saying that but it's not to hard to figure them out. Back in early 2007 when the 250's were hitting the water, it was amazing the number of knowledgeable people from all over the world that posted and shared info in the Kawi section. 95% of them have moved on and won't be coming back. I wish all the Johnny come latelys could have seen the number of people we had back then. Maybe then they would understand who really knows what.

Thanks for the compliment, it's amazing how nice people are when you respect them. I stick around here because I am interested in seeing what can be done with my pet ski (stx) and I enjoy learning everything I can about these platforms. for the most part people have been really helpful. I wish that there was some way for Jerry to make new users search as part of the registration lol I am tired of talking about intake grates and rideplates.

Sean

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information