Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Question turbocharging a vx110 ?

is it possible to turbo a vx110 and if so what is needed to pull it off?

first off a turbo. most likely a garret gt2860r. an adapter to go from the vx manifold to the turbo. most likely stainless elbows double walled, a flange and a turbo flange. will need fuel management. some way to fool the stock ecu from seing boost. larger injectors, ones from a sho should do nicely. an intercooler, and some piping.
    id strongly reccomend aftermarket connecting rods and forged pistons. the vx internals are weaker than the fx ho parts. and even those prematurely exit the cases sometimes.

haven't researched it yet but might be able to make a stock sho ecu work. the 2 share the throttle by wire, the ecu's look identical. might have to do some repinning on the ecu connectors or run some of the sho sensors. but there would be your oem ecu and fuel management. just add turbo instead of supercharger and your set.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Cheaper to buy a VXR

+1
    ye i kno but true say i ga a vx110 in my gpr i wanted to turbo it

anything is possible. the stock motor won't last long. you will need to look into aftermarket parts already in production for the 98-03 yamaha r1, and parts for the yamaha apex with the rx-1 engine. only difference is your bore size will be 76mm instead of 74mm.
    essentially you have a detuned fx ho engine. just with lower compression, weaker pistons and rods, smaller cams, different intake and exhaust manifolds, lower redline and different ecu tuning. vx110 makes around 110 hp where as the fxho makes 160. so 50 hp had just in different parts mentioned.

+1
    what about spray a dry sys can the motor handle a 50 shot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    anything is possible. the stock motor won't last long. you will need to look into aftermarket parts already in production for the 98-03 yamaha r1, and parts for the yamaha apex with the rx-1 engine. only difference is your bore size will be 76mm instead of 74mm.
    essentially you have a detuned fx ho engine. just with lower compression, weaker pistons and rods, smaller cams, different intake and exhaust manifolds, lower redline and different ecu tuning. vx110 makes around 110 hp where as the fxho makes 160. so 50 hp had just in different parts mentioned.
    WOW i never knew that the apex had the same engine jus more beefed up i guess i kno what engine i buying my internals from thxs bro one of my friends has a seadoo and he running boost and wants to race me i goin give him the shock of his life lmfao

+1
    A couple years ago forum member RUSH did (I believe) a SHO motor swap into a VX hull and the hull or pump couldn't handle the added power. If I remember correctly, it split in half on the maiden voyage...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    A couple years ago forum member RUSH did (I believe) a SHO motor swap into a VX hull and the hull or pump couldn't handle the added power. If I remember correctly, it split in half on the maiden voyage...
    Well that's not really relevant to me cuz I have the vx motor in a gpr hull and only a dumb ass would put a sho motor in a vx hull ...........a show motor in a fx ho yea but the vx u jus askin the grim repper to take u out on a date that u WON'T be comin home from

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information