Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Rude Chargers coming soon!

Manufactured by Rude Performance (Nils Castillo) using all new components.

Testing is finally complete. Bttek1 can give us some more input on these, but i can tell you that his findings were 13 PSI of boost at 8500 RPM's

These will be ready to ship by the end of next week and i'll be adding them to the online store this weekend for pre order. Price is $1900

Just like the other 13 PSI superchargers on the market you will need to run a fuel controller with 50# injectors with either a stock or Rotax Racing ECU, or a Riva Racing ECU & 50# injectors.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Jerry are we talkin about a Turbo kit?

+1
    No, these are superchargers.

So this is probably the reason why we've been seeing alot of "B" Kits for sale here lately. . .

Jay

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Any details Jerry? Different drive system? Modified stock housing or new unit? Price?

+1
    These are all new components (housings, 06 spec shaft kits, metal SC washers, etc.) Housings have been machined to accomodate the larger impellers. Basically, they are in the same category as a Les Cooke B kit. Price on them is $1900

Please tell me these have ceramic bearings?

Jerry, is there a graph that shows boost and RPM's and at what level you get that boost?

I have been working with Nills (Castillo Motorsports) and a MAJOR supercharger manufacturer on this project for close to a year now!! We have gone through many iterations of housings and supercharger impellers/compressors and have come up with the best performing AND RELIABLE supercharger that is available.

The best thing about this product is the research and development that is behind it. FEA(Finite Element Analysis) was used in the construction of this supercharger in order to see where there were weak areas and possible blade flex of the impeller wheel. These areas were strengthened/re-designed and all of the clearances are checked and double checked prior to assembly.

The major component in any supercharger is the actual impeller. The compressor that we use is investment cast from an extremely strong but lightweight proprietary aluminum. A special heat treating process is applied for optimum stability at high operating temperatures. In fact, this material is over 35 percent stronger than billet 7075!! The investment cast process assures us of maintaining exact tolerances that are critical to its long life and continued operation in this application. Upon finishing the assembly of this part, a multi-plane computer dynamic balancing method is performed and each impeller/compressor is balanced to the highest standard, better than ISO G0.4 tolerances for smooth/linear operation.

Now that all of the technical babble is out of the way I can tell you that this new supercharger is incredible!! The boost is immediate and peeks at approx 13-13.5 PSI. Discharge temperatures are an average of 15-20 degrees F cooler than what my "B" kit output and I turned an average of 150 RPM's MORE than what my previous "B" kit could manage.

For those that are in the "know" there is a lot more to a supercharger or any forced induction system than just "how much boost" does it output. The amount of air volume and the temperature of this air is paramount to it performing well and providing us with the power that we all want.

In my testing of this product I was able to measure the air volume based upon my target A/F (Air fuel ratio) For example, with my past "B" kit on my A/F ratio was a consistent 12.1-12.2 A/F at 8400-8500 RPM's. With this new S/C my A/F ratio leaned out to 12.8-12.9 A/F at the same RPM's. There was a large enough difference in the A/F ratio that it required me to make mapping adjustments to my fuel controller!! What this means is that this S/C was providing MORE air to the engine than what the "B" kit was able to provide!! If it was the opposite then I would be seeing a RICHER A/F ratio than what the "B" kit was providing. This was NOT the case and is one of the reasons for the increased performance I was seeing.

With this supercharger I have already created several fuel mappings to match the characteristics of this product. Basically it covers those that have either the Rotax Racing cam or the stock cam and the different years of production, 2004-2006 Model year boats. All of my testing was done using the Rotax Racing ECU and our fuel controller along with the 50lb fuel injectors. I am sure that Jerry will have this up on his site shortly available for pre-ordering.

I have not had the opportunity to test or evaluate the Riva ECU yet so its performance and fuel mappings are not known at this point. I do know that our fuel controller is more advantageous as it allows one to change the mappings of the fuel curve where the Riva one is a fixed unit with no changes possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Manufactured by Rude Performance (Nils Castillo) using all new components.

Testing is finally complete. Bttek1 can give us some more input on these, but i can tell you that his findings were 13 PSI of boost at 8500 RPM's

These will be ready to ship by the end of next week and i'll be adding them to the online store this weekend for pre order. Price is $1900

Just like the other 13 PSI superchargers on the market you will need to run a fuel controller with 50# injectors with either a stock or Rotax Racing ECU, or a Riva Racing ECU & 50# injectors.

+1
    Awesome info Brian. Let me ask you, have you ever, or ever considered Deep Cryogenic Tempering for that last little bit of wear resistance and strength?

If not, have you at least investigated the process, and maybe have some input?

The pricing is just so reasonable for the process.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information