Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

solas prop compared to stock repitched

I hear mix reviews between the two props. With the stock pitch prop I was turning 8100 rpm. The impros stock repitched 12/19.5 brought my rpm down to 7900 but I gained almost two mph on top. How about the solas 14/19 compared to my stock repitch? Would I be able to keep the top speed gain with the better acceleration? Or would my top speed go back down to the stock pitch?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    is the stocker a 4-blade and the solas a 3-blade design?

i'm imagine that's the case with such a difference in pitches between the two, correcT? it seems that the award goes to the SOLAS hands down in most cases i've read... the hole shot and acceleration with a solas is unreal.... and the SOLAS can be repitched and tweaked as well to get it running the same if not better then your stock repitched.

unfortuntely when we're fine tuning skis for every .1 mph and all available torque.... it takes some trial ane error to see what works and what doesn't. and no 2 machines are identical, so what one guy sees on his RXP with the same mods, you may not see the same or may require a pitch different than your other enthusiasts.

+1
    The Solas Concord 14/19 is a four blade...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solas_185.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	65  

nitro, after my first pitched I looked at the sotck and the solas side side and I did notice the ending edges of the solas was bent i the up position just a little and when I mean just a little more like a mm. What the mm gave my stock setup another 150-200rpm and I was seeing 70mph with 3 bard of gas. The hub of the soals has more a pear shape. When i got my repitched back to run the Power Filter the same edges were bent back just alittle and what that did was bring my rmps back do because I has running to high with the Riva power filter. So the RPMs drop down to 8000 when i was running 8150 with the filter to 8100 and gain another 1.5mph. the last time out on Monday i was getting 71.5 easly with 1/2 tank of gas. IO have some pictures on one of my memory cards with the two side by side and I can show yo what I was talknig about in the blades. This picture is befor the second repitch.

Name:	stock_and_solas_900.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	66  

This is the secon Is how it looked with the Riva Power Filter set up notice the blade end is not turned up more flat. Hey that is what I notice

Name:	power_filter_impeller_133.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	282.1 KB 
ID:	67  

This is alittle altered pic I could not find the picture on my DC, but the ends of the blade that you se circle were bent up just a tad. When i we running the in the stock set up with no power filter the ends were bent. Also look at the blade as they make contack with the hub.

+1
    I originally had the stock Impros reptich 12/19.5 and was very happy with it. Someone convinced me to try a repitched Solas and i was BLOWN AWAY by the difference in acceleration. I lost 1 mph on top speed with the Solas, but the difference in acceleration would make it plain silly to put the stock prop back on just for 1 mph on top.

Stocker with Impros "stage 3 powertune"

Name:	rxp_impeller_2_193.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	633.3 KB 
ID:	71  

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mgo7483
    Stocker with Impros "stage 3 powertune"
    that picture even makes it look mean!! dayum! what exactly is a stage 3 powertune of the prop?

+1
    taken from www.impros.com

Stage 2 is also an impeller performance modification service, but is treated with extra care in blueprinting and balancing of the impeller. Impros takes great pride in our ability to alter or return each impeller to exact factory specs. We also balance each impeller within 2/10ths of a gram. We can custom modify the impeller or it may simply need some professional fine-tuning that the impeller didn't receive in the production process.

Because of frequent inconsistencies found in mass production impellers, we service many with no damage at all, but are sent to us simply to be blueprint and balanced, assuring the customer that their craft is performing at it's "peak potential".

Each Stage 2 service is treated with our "Race Tolerance" blade profile and our "Recreational" finish is applied.

This service is used by individuals that are very concerned with their craft's performance and want the peace of mind of knowing their impeller has been handled with the greatest of care.

We always recommend Stage 2 because the extra time and care taken in balancing and blueprinting the impeller results in superior performance.

We charge $70.00 for each "Stage 2" Power-Tune impeller service

Stage 3 consists of our Stage 2 process, in addition to our "Race Finish", for individuals seeking the same finish the Professionals use. This is our highest quality finish, used by many amateur and professional PWC racers and individuals that like a higher shine finish applied to their impellers.

We charge $85.00 for each "Stage 3" Power-Tune impeller service

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information