Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Drop in Wheels for 215HP SC

Hey guys, i always try to stay caught up on all the posts around here but lately i've been wondering what my options are for direct drop in wheels for my stock 215 SC. Over this winter i'd like to make some modifications to my ski and i thought a good place to start would be by upgrading the SC. I have played with the idea of buying a used X-charger from someone on here, but that also requires buying injectors which just adds to the price.

So far ive found these,
    riva Gen 2
    and the C1 C2 C3

So i guess what im asking is which one is the best drop in for my ski?

+1
    A 4 in intake would allow your new wheel's potential, regardless your choice, to be fully utilized.
    What rpm are you currently turning at 69 on that 14/19r?

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Rotax Racing 4241,127mm wheel for all 215 units,9psi on 8100!!!

+1
    Okay, maybe i'll make the fizzle my "christmas gift" haha. Ah well, since in live in the Pacific Northwest it varies allot! ON a 75 degree day i'd say 7850. Ive had it to 8000 later in the evening.

So they all basically make the same boost? the 127mm and C3 and Gen II? Sorry if thats a dumb question, I'm just comparing what ive seen in the store and what the descriptions say.

+1
    If they run on the stock 38 injectors, then they're pretty darn close. You'll be all over 70 with any choice of wheel. A 4 in would give you another 100 or so rpm (@1mph), so a slight repitch may be in order to stay off the rev limiter... Nothing a little prop bending won't fix, right?! Ain't it fun how mods snowball?

I read somewhere in this forum that as long as you have stock intake and stock I/C, an X-charger will be fine with stock injectors. It is not my opinion but i have read it a couple of times. Personally I installed an x charger and nothing else and the ski runs fine for the last 70 hours! My rpms were around 7700 and with X i went to 8000 ( i ride at warm places), better acceleration and 3mph gain at top end. Moreover i never understood what would be the problem with this mod, the lubrication of the engine is the same no matter what. We are not talking about 2 stroke engines in which running lean could blow your engine due to low amount of oil. Just a question in which never found an answer... I have read comments like: the engine will blow, ticking bomb, etc, but never read an expaination why... As for the 4'' intake alone, i had no difference from stock intake. I Assume that a 4'' intake would be needed in larger chargers with extended mods that require a lot more air. JMO

+1
    Yes, you can run an x-charger with a the stock 215 ic still in the intake manifold on 38's, but I wouldn't--even though many have with good results!
    An x-charger is 300 bucks more than the C3 drop in though.
    If you're planning on upgrading next year, such as removing the stock ic and using a better unit, the x-charger would be a good choice now. An ic and set of 42's next year would be the next step (with a 15/20r)!

+1
    Engine TECHS ET 127...... i may have a complete charger for sale soon..... with a et 127 wheel and 3mm spacer .. less than 20 hrs since rebuilt this july . wheel is great and very snappy.

+1
    I know, i've had to bug for awhile but not much money haha! Poor college kid . I don't plan on putting in a IC anytime soon, just because i don't have that kinda money to go with a external Ic and the brackets and Injectors and a RRFPR and all that good stuff. I just want to keep it fairly low key for now , until i get more money that is haha! PM sent to greenbullet.

+1
    Would running 42's with any of these wheels do anything for performance? Just out of curiosity because i see them come up for sale in the classifieds every once in awhile.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information