Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Are you tired of 3 seaters? (as well as 2 seaters over 800 lbs!)

I talked with the factory reps at the BRP ultimate playground about the new RXP-X. I asked them why so many 3 seaters (14 models) and only one 2 seater? They replied because no one wants a pwc that is unstable. When I told them I wanted a RXP-X that was 9 foot long and 600 lbs, they said I was in a small minority and that they will never do a machine that small. The market just is not there. Plus, they are too dangerous.

Do you agree with them, or are you tired of so many 3 seaters and no lightweight (under 800 lbs) machines out there?

Jim

p.s. They make 9 models of snowmobiles. (BRP USA Snow Sleds - Snowmobile Models | BRP Ski-Doo) One of the models is a lightweight play machine. (2 stroke) Kinda what I would like to see in a Sea Doo! If they can doo it in snow, why not on water?

I wouldn't say they are dangerous. It is just that if I were a rental place, I would far rather buy a 3 seater since I don't want you flipping my boat because you don't know how to do it right.

Further to that, As a family guy, I would want a 3 seater so my younger kids or wife can handle it.

OTOH, as a guy that knows how to handle the craft, it might not be all that bad but if the resale isn't there, it is something that I have to realize that it will take a little more to move when necessary.

Yes, I agree. The 3 seaters are huge and it looks like they are getting bigger every year. I don't even think it is fun to have 3 people on one machine unless you are giving some kids a ride. I think a smaller ski (the size of an early 2000's XP) with the power of an RXP-X would be great. As far as them being dangerous and unstable, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by pjames750 View Post
    Yes, I agree. The 3 seaters are huge and it looks like they are getting bigger every year. I don't even think it is fun to have 3 people on one machine unless you are giving some kids a ride. I think a smaller ski (the size of an early 2000's XP) with the power of an RXP-X would be great. As far as them being dangerous and unstable, I don't think so.
    That's the problem. A lot of people have kids. So, either you hire a babysitter or such arrangements or you take them along.

I would say that when we had a RX and an XP, the GTX was less tippy. That might intimidate some beginner users.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pjames750 View Post
    I own and ride "3-seaters" but I rarely ride with 2 let alone 3 people. I think the larger craft just allow for more versatility and reach a broader range of the market. They are still plenty fun, I have no problems jumping waves. But unlike a smaller XP, I can also do long range trips.

Quote Originally Posted by aklim View Post
    That's the problem. A lot of people have kids. So, either you hire a babysitter or such arrangements or you take them along.

I would say that when we had a RX and an XP, the GTX was less tippy. That might intimidate some beginner users.

I don't dislike 3 seaters, to each his own.

I was agreaing with the original poster that Sea doo should offer some smaller options. I do have a son, he is six. We enjoy riding on my RXP more than my father in law's GTX which we call "slow blue". If I rode in the ocean with giant waves, maybe I would think differently, i don't know.

+ 1 for the smaller skis. I had an ultra 250 and have a twin pipe xpl. Both skis are roughly the same speed in a mild chop. Yes the big 3 seater is out when the waves turn up, but you don't even get wet. I enjoyed the days of jockeying the small 2 stroke. The ultra loses it's lust rather quickly if you ever enjoyed a fast 2 stroke.

In summary.....the ultra is gone. I reattached my testicals, and now thoroughly enjoy my xpl, kawi sxr standup which also has a pipe, and soon enough, project X (my new Gpr build).

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    My GTX is fun for the family. Pulls hard and can pull anything. But my wife and I both enjoy the GPR more! It turns harder, goes faster and just does everything better except towing.

+1
    If you ain`t ridin` on the edge, you ain`t ridin`. Hang time is the ticket.

+1
    I miss my 99 XP Limited for sure. The most fun, best handling and riding ski I ever owned. I buy jetskis to haul a** on. Buy a boat if you want to haul the family around, tubing, wakeboarding, waterskiing. JMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information