Can't program key with candoo pro

Recently bought a candoo to swap ecu on my 2003 GTX. I bought the ski without ecu.
    I can't get the ecu to save the keys and other settings.
    Settings return back to previous state as soon as the ecu powers down.

I tried pressing ok and removing the key quickly and placing it back. I treid the 2007+ method nothing seems to work.

Please help.

+1
    have you tried WRITE VEHICAL? If you need an ECU-- Let me know-- I have 1 with 67 hrs. on it and I can send it w/ the key or without.

Sorry you are having issues. Please contact us at [email protected], as we may need to take a look at the log files to see if the ECU is accepting the commands.

In general, per Jim's post, you add the key, then hit Write Vehicle in the Vehicle tab, when the box prompts you, you remove the key from the DESS post and wait until the ski icon turns red. Also, I need to verify that you have two keys; one key always on the DESS post while you are working with the vehicle, and another key that you are attempting to add and write to the vehicle. (you cannot work with keys with only one key...)

If you are following the above, then it is possible that either the ECU or MPEM is bad. (the MPEM is involved in the key-writing process, as it powers the ECU up and down, and the key writing is finished upon ECU power down.)

Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Sorry you are having issues. Please contact us at [email protected], as we may need to take a look at the log files to see if the ECU is accepting the commands.

In general, per Jim's post, you add the key, then hit Write Vehicle in the Vehicle tab, when the box prompts you, you remove the key from the DESS post and wait until the ski icon turns red. Also, I need to verify that you have two keys; one key always on the DESS post while you are working with the vehicle, and another key that you are attempting to add and write to the vehicle. (you cannot work with keys with only one key...)

If you are following the above, then it is possible that either the ECU or MPEM is bad. (the MPEM is involved in the key-writing process, as it powers the ECU up and down, and the key writing is finished upon ECU power down.)
    I followed the above method numerous times without succes. As soon as the ecu powers down it reverts back to previous settings.

how can I veriffy if the ecu or mpem has gone bad.?

I do have 2 keys although neither is programmed on the ecu.

Thread Information