Timing arrow mark Freedom 2003

Does anyone have a picture of the timing arrow on a 2003 Freedom . Can see timing degree marks on flywheel through the timing port hole, but do not see the timing arrow as indicated in the manual. Just changed cdi and unit starts and runs fine but would like to verify timing.

+1
    The timing mark is just a small triangle pointing to the timing hole.It is located dirrectly in the center of the hole.
    Post a picture of your cover so we can ID what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    The timing mark is just a small triangle pointing to the timing hole.It is located dirrectly in the center of the hole.
    Post a picture of your cover so we can ID what you have.
    Casey67: Machine has gone back to owner. There was no triangle to be seen on the outside of the cover and nothing in the hole. I tdcentered the engine on the mag piston with a dial indicator and made a reference mark at 0 degrees (from the flywheel) on the threaded side of the timing hole then started the engine and settled the rpm at 3000 with a fluke 88. With a sun timing light the timing was showing exactly 20 degrees advance as per the manual specs. This was the third cdi in this unit , the original failed and was replaced under warranty, the second was marked with white id upgrade marks and red encapulation , the new one just purchased has the black encapsulation so is the latest version. I would like to thank the posters in this forum for the invaluable information which is available here. Also I would be interested in seeing where the timing triangle is supposed to be located on a Freedom if anyone can take a picture for me.

Thread Information