My First Dolphin off of Hillsboro Inlet

New to the site, I have been trying rather unsuccessfully for the last month or so to catch something worth eating out off of Hillsboro Inlet (S. Florida). First two outings in about 400 ft , landed a Bonito, and some other non edibles. Used up the bonita for bait(Strips) and tried my luck a little farther out. Read the local fishing report form my bait and tackle shop, Competition Tackle on 441. Report stated that Dolphin were being caught in about 900 ft of h20, along any floating debri. Took the runner out early friday, seas were a bit, at 3-5, probably should have stayed home, however about 8.5 miles out, 900-1000 ft , trolled a rigged squid for about 30 seconds along a loose and broken up weed patch, bang, nice little Dolphin, hit and landed in my cooler. While rigging another bail almost lost my stomach contents as chum, decided to head back in as i was starting to feel like . Finally, dinner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Im in s.fl too. Pompano beach to be exact. Been looking for someone to go fishing with. PM me...

Thread Information