Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: back to yamaha

back to yamaha

In 2006, I purchased two new seadoo rxt's and had nothing but problems. both went through engines, as well as other expensive parts. I got rid of them, and yesterday purchased used 2008 yamaha vx110's. I purchased rentals that have 800, and 900 hours. I know its a long way from the rxt, but i am excited about having something reliable. When i got rid of the rxts, they were both about 80 hours of use. I got two vx's and a double trailer for $3000.

+1
    Welcome back. What ski(s) did you have prior to 2006?
    Oh, and don't forget to change that avatar.

+1
    only trouble is the rental mobs get rid of them because they are about to become less reliable

kev

But at 3k for the package, it wont hurt so much to have to fix them. This rental place replaces them every few years so they look nice too. They are at the Marriot and have a visual standard as well as operational. They really do run good.
    The two yamahas before 06 were the old wave raiders.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    there was another rider here that was saying he had gotten almost 2000 hours from his vxs', as rentals, I believe.
    I know he said he'd gotten 2000 out of them and only had to refresh the valve guides to make the smoke go away...

soory to hear of your misfortune with the SDs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by newskiier View Post
    In 2006, I purchased two new seadoo rxt's and had nothing but problems. both went through engines, as well as other expensive parts. I got rid of them, and yesterday purchased used 2008 yamaha vx110's. I purchased rentals that have 800, and 900 hours. I know its a long way from the rxt, but i am excited about having something reliable. When i got rid of the rxts, they were both about 80 hours of use. I got two vx's and a double trailer for $3000.
    Well, those are far from low hour skis; I would normally like to see you put your money into younger units because 4 strokes can be costly to repair, but the price was right and it will be interesting to see how they hold up for you. It is true that several members have reported VX skis with thousands of hours and still running strong. By the time we had 350 hours on our RXT's, we had over $15,000 in warranty repairs on the pair. Welcome back to Yamaha.

Welcome back to Yamaha, Same reasons here. Good luck, but as Yoyamma stated, your starting off with high hour machines that were rentals, so it`s anyones guess... I agree simplicity is more, gas and go...All`s you can do is try them out and have fun, good luck...

let`s see how long this thread stays clean from all the brand bashing loyalist jackass`s...

Quote Originally Posted by newskiier View Post
    I'm not sure but I seem to remember that rental VX110 can be put in "rental mode", which basically dumbs down the performance of the units so as to keep them lasting longer and not go so fast. Do you know if that is the case with your units.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I'm not sure but I seem to remember that rental VX110 can be put in "rental mode", which basically dumbs down the performance of the units so as to keep them lasting longer and not go so fast. Do you know if that is the case with your units.
    Yep, you're probably thinking about the learner mode.

I asked the guy if it had the learner keys, and he said they didnt. The speedo said 55 with more throttle to go (i know, you cant go by them) but they seemed plenty fast, so i doubt they were in starter mode.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information