Thread: RXP-X Sluggish launch?
10-02-2011, 06:59 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
RXP-X Sluggish launch?
I have a 2008 RXP-X with about 60 hours on it now and it is sluggish from take off, it kind of sits there for a second and then takes off when you hammer the throttle. Top speed is good just the take off is slow..
I rode a mates 2008 RXT-X with 17 hours on it and it was much more pokey off of the line..
Any suggestions on what the cause might be with this?
Thanks in advance guys!!
10-02-2011, 07:47 AM #2
10-02-2011, 08:00 AM #3
10-02-2011, 09:41 PM #4
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM #5
Definately a DIY job. Read the how-to section for instructions on how to do it. A new wear ring will only set you back about $60.
10-03-2011, 11:42 AM #6
1. Remove Steering bolts, VTS Bolt, and Reverse bucket bolt (all 10mm)
2. Take a 13mm and remove the venturri.
3. Take a 15mm and remove the pump.
4. Pull pump away from the pump tunnel and remove large black o-ring and set aside. Note the way it faces. as it needs to go back on that way...
5. Remove the tail cone by removing the 3 hex bolts. Rock it back and forth and when you get a gap, use a flat head to pry it up. If there is water in there, it needs to be resealed. New O-Rings and XPS will be needed.
6. Remove the prop by using a 12mm hex tool and the prop tool.
7. Cut the wear ring out by a chisel or box cutter
8. Place the pump on a padded surface on top of a paper towel to prevent debris from getting to the bearings.
9. Place the new ring on the top of the pump.
10. Place a 3 foot or smaller piece of wood across the top of the ring and centered.
11. Strike the center of the wood and the ring will seat. If it jumps or doesn't go in evenly, pull it out and repeat the process until it goes in evenly. You will need to literally beat the hell out of it. You will be able to see it seat all of the way down in the pump.
12. Replace the seal on the pump
13. Replace tail cone by twisting and then cranking the rest of the gap down with the bolts. You can break it, so don't over tighten.
14. Replace impeller.
14. Replace the pump in reverse order.
10-03-2011, 06:37 PM #7
if you can find a white OEM wear ring, stick it in the freezer along with the pump for a few hours, the old one should come right out with out having to break it, and the new one should go right in. Might need a 2x4 to press it in evenly.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rxpsquad in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 13Last Post: 09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
By lightning666 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 24Last Post: 04-14-2010, 04:55 PM
By linuxglobal in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM
By Antiguan FZR in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:25 PM
By Bambeezer in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2005, 10:36 PM