Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Will Bosch 50's handle this?

Next year I'm going to run a les cooke 9000 ecu on my riva xxx sc. My current Bosch 48's have performed above and beyond, and I'd prefer my next injectors to be Bosch as well. Will the 50's handle the fueling requirements? If not, where can I find a set (I assume 60's) that will?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Next year I'm going to run a les cooke 9000 ecu on my riva xxx sc. My current Bosch 48's have performed above and beyond, and I'd prefer my next injectors to be Bosch as well. Will the 50's handle the fueling requirements? If not, where can I find a set (I assume 60's) that will?
    What charger are you running now? Personally I would go to 8800 on the limiter. Your engine will thank you... I know there are some rare cases out there that have run 9k+ all day long... Remember, they are built skis with pistons, rods, and all upgraded parts.... JP will probably chime in on this and defend your 9k idea. His ski has been built up from the ground up by Duke and is one bad MF'er...... It is a bad ass ski.... I would personally run 60's and trim the fuel accordingly. Why are you going with a Les Cooke Reflash? Just asking the question. Nothing wrong with it.... Just like to understand the why every now and then....

+1
    Last year I ran a xxx riva sc on a stock ecu and 48 injectors. Worked great. It turned a 15/22 8160rpm all day at 500ft of elevation. Here in Lubbock, 7900rpm.
    I'll be running lightened valve train components, ferrera gen 2 valves, and riva pistons. The les cooke ecu? Well, the rotax racing is literally twice the money, sooo I figure I'd give les' a shot. If there are other options, please share! If 8800 is a better bet, then I'll run that. Thanks!

+1
    Last year I ran a xxx riva sc on a stock ecu and 48 injectors. Worked great. It turned a 15/22 8160rpm all day at 500ft of elevation. Here in Lubbock, 7900rpm.
    I'll be running lightened valve train components, ferrera gen 2 valves, and riva pistons. The les cooke ecu? Well, the rotax racing is literally twice the money, sooo I figure I'd give les' a shot. If there are other options, please share! If 8800 is a better bet, then I'll run that. Thanks!
    you got to love that 260 rpm you lost in Lubbock at 3,200 ft.
    Makes since, from 500 ft to 3,200 ft is 2,700 ft and you were 260 rpm different.
    Looks like your ski has come along way since we met.

I will take those 48,s off you if you want to get rid of them.

We will have to run the skis some time.

+1
    I have been advised that running an 8800 limiter will allow your engine to run a lot longer and be happier. I'm sure others will post. Pitch to 8760.... With that setup, you can run 9k no problem. It screams and runs like a bat out of hell no question. You will go longer on your current engine. 200 rpms is worth losing over a 5k engine. JMO!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    with a les cook ecu you will need 80# the les cooke ecu is mapped for them ...even if the ecu says 60#

a riva ecu you would be ok...i ran bosch 50# with my rude 3..but the injectors were at 100% duty cycle at 15 psi..and i was running a rrpfr with them..and additional fuel controler..

+1
    You are more than likely going to need 80s with the LC reflash eventhough the sticker on the back of the ecu will say 60s with a RRFPR. You can get a 9.2K rev limit and just prop the ski down to 8800. The set up you are going to have will handle the r's. The stock rods can take the high r's no problem. You can get the the reflash in race fuel or 93 octane, the 93 octane flash I still run a mix of fuel with a XXX charger or 3RUDE. The lastest reflashes have been working well with just a RRFPR.

I would ask around before installing the RIVA pistons. The piston to cylinder wall clearance specs are too tight for these open loop, high boost engines. Make sure yor ring gaps are opened up too. Do some research, talk to some guys that build high performance, SC'd, turbo, marine engine.

+1
    Skoepp, I'm going to keep the 48's on hand for another possible build down the line... lol
    After it's all said and done, I'd like to run you again. From last time, your yellow blur is all I remember!

I've read about the riva ring gaps being tight.
    If not riva, cp?
    Thanks for the input guys!

+1
    I'm using Bosch 55s with 42 lbs base pressure and boost line attached with a 9.2k reflash. The 48s will be fine. Trust me and keep them. Test first. Don't make the mistake I did and get 80s.

+1
    Skoepp, I'm going to keep the 48's on hand for another possible build down the line... lol
    After it's all said and done, I'd like to run you again. From last time, your yellow blur is all I remember!

I've read about the riva ring gaps being tight.
    If not riva, cp?
    Thanks for the input guys!
    I have some custom CPs on order with coated skirts this time instead of RIVA pistons. The RIVAs seemed to be holding up well to the 3RUDE and 9.3K, but the specs are off a little for the high boost and open loop. Its very important to have a good I/C too and know your AFRs at all time. The XS I/C just doesn't cut it at the high boost level and long WOT runs. You will lose a piston quick, if it detonates do to high IATs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information