+1

TDR water box for 95 slt 750

Well im home for winter break from school an wanna do something to my ski.(anything to spend money)lol. I wanna get a TDR water box from parkeryamaha, there only 179 bucks. Is it just drop it in an go, or do i have to change jetting, an hi,low needles. I really dont wanna find out the hard way an burn my motor up over a $179 water box. Becuase im not working during school an would have no way to replace it . Help would be great!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    Well im home for winter break from school an wanna do something to my ski.(anything to spend money)lol. I wanna get a TDR water box from parkeryamaha, there only 179 bucks. Is it just drop it in an go, or do i have to change jetting, an hi,low needles. I really dont wanna find out the hard way an burn my motor up over a $179 water box. Becuase im not working during school an would have no way to replace it . Help would be great!!
    look for john zigler around this site...he may have a used one for sale...i bought a tdr waterbox from him that goes on a yamaha but im going to put it on my '95 sl750, some of the tdr waterboxes have a inlet to run water(what this does is dampins the sound since they're loud) i dont know too much about the changing of jettings, hi, low needles...i was told to change it as i go if i notice any difference....I should have asked, do you have any other mods?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I don't think you'll get alot from the waterbox.(except louder) You may just need to richen the carb adj. screws a tad, prob not have to rejet. I would put the $$ towards performance reeds, flame arrestors, or an aftermarket impeller. You'll prob get more of a gain from one of them for about the same cost. I have yet to read any one say they felt a difference from the waterbox. All I've seen was they liked the louder sound, or hated the extra noise and went back to stock. Whatever you decide is up to you, I'm just trying to help.

+1
    The handeling an performance mods i have are, triple outlet pump, Solas impellor(trude/balanced), R&D intake grate,UMI throttle cable drum R&D ride plate, Worx sponsons. An my motor has a whopping 10 hours on it!!!
    Cosmetic an other mods are, Hydroturf mats, Custom hydroturf seat cover, new rub rails, carb rebuilds, new main wire harness,ODI grips, UMI trigger throttle, 800gph bilge pump. Start/stop/bilge cluster swtich(thanks Al!), Blowsion billet bow eye, Blowsion billet bilge fitting,Turfed the reboarding step, new chin pad,gel coat work.

+1
    this is probably a stupid question but you mentioned you have a umi throttle cable drum...are there any advantages to that?

+1
    Theres no such thing as stupid questions! An yes there is an advantage to the throttle drum. When using the UMI finger trigger throttle, i felt there was a lil play in the throttle cable. The throttle drum clean that up becuase it gives you alot of diffrent settings for you cable.

Thread Information