Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

R&D to release Superclutch Drive Gear in January 2012

please pre order here
    R&D Superclutch Drive Gear
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1859

The R&D engineering staff has spearheaded another industry first. We are proud to introduce the new Revolutionary R&D Super Clutch Drive Gear System. This is the first Yamaha Drive Gear that features a clutch system. The Super Clutch Drive Gear has a “Double Action” 2-way clutch system that utilizes an “Oil-Loaded” Friction Disc Design which cancels and neutralizes constantly changing rotational mass energies, and aggressive moment-of-inertia shock loads that cause premature OEM Sprag clutch and gear failures.
    The R&D Super Clutch Drive Gear System is CNC machined from premium billet steel alloy, heat treated for Bionic strength and hardness, precision ground to strict aircraft tolerances, and polished for a low friction finish.
    This system features a unique billet steel Gear-Hub design that uses a high pressure through-shaft oiling technique to lubricate the drive gear bearings and clutch friction discs.
    The 50 tooth Drive Gear is also machined from billet steel alloy, heat treated for ultimate strength and hardness, and the tooth profile is CNC precision ground to Yamaha specifications. The clutch surfaces of the gear feature special “oil-holding” wiper slots that provide improved oiling to increase lubrication to the clutch discs. Knowing the detriment to the Sprag clutch of a heavy Drive Gear, we designed the Super Clutch Drive Gear with 6 lightening window pockets to have the least amount of rotational weight. The complete system tips the scales at only 382 .8 grams, that’s 15% lighter than the OEM Drive Gear.
    The clutch discs are precision machined, heat treated, and ground to exact tolerance utilizing only the finest materials tested and proven to be the best in these type systems.

The clutch is adjustable for any boost pressure.
    This is a bolt-on clutch up grade. There is no machine work required to install. The Super Clutch is compatible with all years of OEM Sprags clutches and all OEM or Aftermarket Yamaha supercharger shafts.
    Technology and Design performance make this Super Clutch the finest and most effective clutch system available. Order yours today, and Crank up the Boost!

Performance Features
    Heavy Duty, Bionic Strong, Billet Steel Construction
    Heat Treated, Precision Ground, and Low Friction Polished
    Super Clutch 2-Way System Eliminates the Forces that Cause Premature OEM Sprag Clutch
    and Gear Failures
    Adjustable for ANY Boost Pressure
    Through-Shaft Oil Pressure Lubricated Bearings and Clutch
    15% Lighter than OEM Drive Gear Rotating Mass
    Directly Replaces OEM Drive Gear
    Compatible with all years of OEM Clutches
    Compatible with all OEM/Aftermarket S/C Shafts
    Easy Clutch Adjustments with Supplied Tool Kit
    No Modification Required to Install
    Available January 2012,
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drive gear.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	255269  

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Wow, alot of clutch stuff popping up lately.

+1
    So did this:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1809

Go bye bye? Or can they be used in unison, giving us TRIPLE protection...lol

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    So did this:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1809

Go bye bye? Or can they be used in unison, giving us TRIPLE protection...lol
    My god how many clutches are we gonna have to buy???????????????????????? Whats next, one on the propshaft too????

+1
    Gotta love options...

I'm thinking I'd like to combine the R&D Super Clutch with the Riva Shaft and also go with the Riva Drive Gear.

And who doesn't like Bionic strength???

+1
    Cool stuff Jerry. I know R&D did the gear lightening service, but this takes it a step further. Well done

+1
    Who's got a bigger.....disc? I think I'll be silent over here in the corner and watch people hash it out and test, and buy something in March, after other people have done the R and D...

+1
    15% lighter than stock is sweet. I've been told this super drive gear works extremely well when used with the superclutch. So well that if you were to use both systems you could actually weld up the stock yamaha sprag!

With C3 or less boost levels, either the superclutch or super drive gear will suffice. It may even be sufficient for C5 boost levels but I would have to confirm that first. Personally I will be going with the superclutch because it will not require removing the oil pump to install it, and to set the slip on it you just have to take the charger off.

If you want C20 or C23X boost levels, I would go with both and not look back. Keep in mind that the heat generated by those boost levels will be EXTREME and you may also want to think about adding the watercooled housing to pull some of that heat away.

Just throwin some more info out there. Lots of choices coming out. I predict lots of questions and lots of boost next season!

+1
    im liking the idea of not removing the pump to uprate the clutch hitman.... i recently fitted a new 2008 clutch so will probobaly wait till that fails one day before replacing and therefore having to remove the pump... should be at least a year away....

IT HAS BEEN TESTED like the riva one ??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information