Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

new reman 951 silver going in got some questions

hey guys i am finally getting around to installing my reman 951 motor in my gtxl its a 98-99 model carbed motor. i have a few questions for the install. i need to replace all the fuel lines in it. i also ned to do an oil injection block off for it since i think the pump is what burned my other motor. what block off kits do you guys recommend? and any special type of fuel line you guys recommend i was going to just get the black line off the shelf for it. i was also told jump up a size on my jets with this motor cause it was set kinda lean from the factory? tell me what you guys think?

also guys is there any little tricks i should know about maybe some mild performance adjustments for it without having to dig into the motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleblanc View Post
    hey guys i am finally getting around to installing my reman 951 motor in my gtxl its a 98-99 model carbed motor. i have a few questions for the install. i need to replace all the fuel lines in it. i also ned to do an oil injection block off for it since i think the pump is what burned my other motor. what block off kits do you guys recommend? and any special type of fuel line you guys recommend i was going to just get the black line off the shelf for it. i was also told jump up a size on my jets with this motor cause it was set kinda lean from the factory? tell me what you guys think?
    Follow the DYI fuel cleaning thread. Oil block off kits, hot products, rivia etc. There all good IMO, its just a metal with o-ring and screws.

Quote Originally Posted by sleblanc View Post
    also guys is there any little tricks i should know about maybe some mild performance adjustments for it without having to dig into the motor
    If you plan on bumping a size up on jets. Follow Ben's sticky at the top. Easy way to gain performance is F/A jets and primer kit.

i planned on dropping some prok f/a with a primer kit and then i was told to jump up on the jetting. i will go look at the sticky to see where it needs to be at with the f/a and primer kit. i am also doing the rebuild on both carbs, and fuel lines are the old grey ones which i remember were crap so i am going to get some new ones.

Jetting is 85 lows and 167 mains with 2.3 needle and seats with stock springs. i guess this is what i will need i am not going into the reeds on it cause its going to be mainly a family put around boat. but i figure doing the f/a and getting it jetted good should allow it to be that much better.

all i can find online are 167.5 mains

well one of the spigots on one of the rave valves looks to have broke off in shipping. do i need new housing or can just the spigot be repaced? looks like my woodruff key for the fly wheel is missing also need to get one like that. and i guess i will need a few missing nuts and bolts also.

making sure i am correct the carbs on this bike are SBN 46mm so i need the 2.3 needles and seats for the SBN carbs with the stock pop off spring correct? should be ordering everything i need to finish the ski tonight.

went buy the fuel lines 5ft 1/4in and 15ft of 5/16 like the thread said and i got the stainless steel zip ties for them.

hey guys what does the rear pto bolt that holds the cupler on get torqued to? and what do the 6 bolts that connect the staft to that torque to? i was trying to find it in the manuel i have but no luck thanks.

also what kind of silicone do i use for the pipe where the two sections connect with the big clamp. looks like some orange silicone stuff.

+1
    http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/199...hop-manual.php

This should help. Let is load. I like using the copper high temp sealer from permatex.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information