Any further winterizing tips?

So its fall and for all of us "Northern Riders" its time to put our ski's away for winter. I have sent mine to the dealer for winterizing and was just wondering if there are any further tips/recommendations you guys have to protect the ski in storage over the winter. I am storing mine inside an unheated garage.

Should I just put the cover on?
    Leave cover off?
    Seat up?
    Mothball?
    Fill Fuel?

Thanks for the advice and tips for all of us in the freezing zone!
    Cheers!

For me, I run the machine until all the water is spat out of it, hook up a hose to the inlet in the back by the jet and pump RV antifreeze through the exhaust/intercooler system while the machine is running (else it can go into cylinders)

After that, pull plugs, fog cylinders, pull the battery to store in the house. I usually put a coat of fogging oil on the pump in the back and anywhere else I don't want to see rust.

There's long lists of stuff people will reccommend - this is what I've done for years and had no problem. go down to -30°C here regularly in January and it's never been an issue. My neighbor doesn't do the antifreeze thing and he's been fine too - it just give me peace of mind.

I usually try to remember to keep the seat cracked open, but I don't use mothballs for anything as it's stored on trailer. My bro's SX-R we do use mothballs as it's on a low rack that mice can get on to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledrillmonkey View Post
    For me, I run the machine until all the water is spat out of it, hook up a hose to the inlet in the back by the jet and pump RV antifreeze through the exhaust/intercooler system while the machine is running (else it can go into cylinders)

After that, pull plugs, fog cylinders, pull the battery to store in the house. I usually put a coat of fogging oil on the pump in the back and anywhere else I don't want to see rust.

There's long lists of stuff people will reccommend - this is what I've done for years and had no problem. go down to -30°C here regularly in January and it's never been an issue. My neighbor doesn't do the antifreeze thing and he's been fine too - it just give me peace of mind.

I usually try to remember to keep the seat cracked open, but I don't use mothballs for anything as it's stored on trailer. My bro's SX-R we do use mothballs as it's on a low rack that mice can get on to.
    +1. Good advice. Fog the interior of the hull as well. Remove the battery and put it on a tender. I take the ECU off as well. Just for kicks. If you have a rear exhaust, plug the hole. Mice love to make a nest in the waterbox.... Ask me how I know.... I also, plug my intake (rear) with something. I have made a 'plug' per-say... You want to fill any open areas like those 2 if you can. Sturdy towels will do the trick. Something you can get out in the spring.... Good Luck... Oh, and for the record, it's 82 here today....

okay...how do you know?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pandan9 View Post
    okay...how do you know?
    How do you know what?

rxp s/c
    use preston 100 %, not r/v anti freeze-would not want to spend a little more to know it not gonna freeze over winter and protect from rusting.its a lot cheaper to fix plastic pipes in an rv then replace parts on your ski,but if you have lots of money go ahead take the chance that the r/v stuff will work.4 dollars or 12 dollars its up to you.
    fill with gas and staybalizer
    put cover on
    leave seat unlatched
    plug exhaust with steel wool
    fog engine and intake system
    drain water out of hull
    follow seadoo winterizing steps
    this is just my opinion

+1
    I take my ICer out and put it in the house to avoid any risk of freezing and cracking.I also take the Scer out and back off the locking nut to let the clutch washers ease up over the winter so they dont lose tension..i also take the battery out and put that in the house BUT i have a backup battery that i put in just for winter...

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    How do you know what?
    Mice love to make a nest in the waterbox.... Ask me how I know....

...so I asked..How do you know?

Thread Information