Thread: Apartments

+1

Apartments

So, I live in an apartment, yet I still love to work on my ski.. What have others done in this situation? I currently keep my FZR in a storage unit about 10min away, but it has no power or anything.

Reason I ask, is I've started to set up a kind of "work shop" upstairs in a spare bedroom, and just bought a nice 40" stainless Craftsman roll-around for my living room..lol

It's such a culture shock for me, because I'm so used to having a full stocked 24x36' shop, but that's now 160mi away.

So what do others without a garage, living in an apartment do?

+1
    Buy a house.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Buy a house.
    Working on it.. Just need to save another 200k

But seriously.. I've been working for Deere for a year, and if the g/f gets this job with the state, we're going to start seriously looking at jewelry and houses.. Well, I think the jewelry weither or not she gets the job.. But a mortgage payment on just my salary is alittle tight, atleast for a house that I'd be satisfied with

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    Working on it.. Just need to save another 200k

But seriously.. I've been working for Deere for a year, and if the g/f gets this job with the state, we're going to start seriously looking at jewelry and houses.. Well, I think the jewelry weither or not she gets the job.. But a mortgage payment on just my salary is alittle tight, atleast for a house that I'd be satisfied with
    I rent a 20x20 storage room for 68 a month. It is climate controlled and I have lighting and everything I need in there. I often get strange looks when I am rolling a ski down the hall. It is what works for me. I love the apt life. No lawn to care for. We sold our house about a year ago and moved in. Lots of room and less to clean and worry with. I like my make shift shop. I have power in side the unit. Most CC ones around here do. It works for me.... Good Luck...

+1
    Any house is better than a apartment.
    A lot of people buy all the toys and then get a house. Do it the other way. Get a house and then fill it full of toys. Are you making payments on that ski or did you pay cash for it? Do you have a note on a vehicle? How much are you paying for the rental unit were you store the ski? Add it all up. Houses are cheap right now. Interest rates on mortgages are at historical lows.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Any house is better than a apartment.
    A lot of people buy all the toys and then get a house. Do it the other way. Get a house and then fill it full of toys. Are you making payments on that ski or did you pay cash for it? Do you have a note on a vehicle? How much are you paying for the rental unit were you store the ski? Add it all up. Houses are cheap right now. Interest rates on mortgages are at historical lows.
    We made 428k on our house. I have all of the toys I care to have and the car(s) are paid for. It is not about the money IMO! I am finishing my Ph.D. and the wife is a Pharmacist. The 428k is sitting in Roth's etc... and is cycling out monthly to handle the bills. Our money is really working for us.... Houses are great, but I really don't have the time to help the wife care for a home right now. She is gone 5 weeks at a time and then home 10 weeks. Regional director for a pharmacy company. It's just not right for us now. We are going to relocate next June and no reason to buy a house. I agree, a house is nice. You own it. Actually OWN it. I am liking the apartment life for now. Money coming in versus money going out is minimal. We spend around 1300 a month for everything.

+1
    Apartment living sucks! Have to worry about some jackass burning down the place plus people banging your cars up with there car doors. Been there done that 13 years ago moved onto my 2 acres with my double wide home in the country wouldn't never go back!

Thread Information