Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 951 advice

951 advice

I am in the middle of a SXR951 build. I am using a 2002 XPL engine and electrics. Right now I am trying to figure out what to do with the TPS. I can't use the SeaDoo throttle cable so I came here to do some reading about the TPS and what it does for this engine. I am thinking about either wiring the TPS so the mpem thinks it is always at more than 80% throttle or have the mpem reprogrammed. Does anybody still reprogram mpems? We are talking about some ancient 2-stroke stuff here. Thanks for any info or advice you Seadoo guys can give me.

+1
    Guys correct me if Im wrong. The tps on this model year manages the timming advance. When passes about 50% opens it changes the timming curve for better response. If can,t use the oem cable you could consider an MSD enhancer (may need some mods for that like changing the mag coupler ) or trying to reach a MicroTouch rev limiter so you can manage the timming custom way. Also I've read some post here about remaped stock MPEM also. Keep searching and good luck with the project.

+1
    Check out 951 swap with x-h2o.com

Can you run the sxr throttle cable to 951 carbs? Will it reach? If it will I have an idea. Use the 787 carb throttle bracket and a round universal throttle pull.

Quote Originally Posted by kecheme View Post
    Check out 951 swap with x-h2o.com

Can you run the sxr throttle cable to 951 carbs? Will it reach? If it will I have an idea. Use the 787 carb throttle bracket and a round universal throttle pull.
    The stock SXR throttle cable should work good but I will have to make a cable mounting adaptor. Should be really easy to make. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndinoWatercraft View Post
    Guys correct me if Im wrong. The tps on this model year manages the timming advance. When passes about 50% opens it changes the timming curve for better response. If can,t use the oem cable you could consider an MSD enhancer (may need some mods for that like changing the mag coupler ) or trying to reach a MicroTouch rev limiter so you can manage the timming custom way. Also I've read some post here about remaped stock MPEM also. Keep searching and good luck with the project.
    Everything that I have read here says the timing change happens at 80% throttle. Someone even posted a timing map showing the timing at below 80% and above 80%. Does anybody still do mpem reprogramming? Will an enhancer eliminate the tps?

AndinoWatercraft, I see that you are from Puerto Rico. What part do you live in? Are you a native or did you move from somewhere else. My wife and I are planing to move there in 3 - 4 years

Contact Tim at novi. He can put you in touch with deans who can remap the mpem. Also I am sure ppg will do it as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT BOY View Post
    Contact Tim at novi. He can put you in touch with deans who can remap the mpem. Also I am sure ppg will do it as well.
    +1 on Tim at Novi. www.novi-tech.com

+1
    These can program mpems.

Ask nicely and they will program anything you want

Just dont get the RXX curve as they are nice and gay.

http://www.easyrider.lu

http://www.re-performance.se/index.html

http://www.racetechpowersports.com/

Stock timing on a 99-02xpl as per attachment

IMO with these 951s it is better to run more timing and lower compression(130-145max psi) than high compression and less retard rates. You have little weight in your SXR hull so higher compression isnt required.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chart-Curve-99-02-XP-L.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	255766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chart-Curves-RXX.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	255767  

+1
    To eliminate the TPS, you could go with the 96XP electronics, 98 mag cup, and a MSD enhancer. Set your own timing curve with it.

+1
    When Tim did my mpem he got rid of the TPS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information