Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Teds Extended Drive Shaft Broke!

Well guys i have 17 hours on my extended drive shaft from ted.10 hours of which are break in on the new motor.And 7 of good riding and some wot.Everything was fine until yesterday as i was riding at lower speeds all of a sudden the ski stopped and felt like i have sucked up a rock Lucky i was right by my launch area so i got the ski off the water and looked for something stuck.NOTHING.So i took the ski home and took the seat off saw water sprayed in the hull not much and then started the motor up and saw the drive shaft jumping all around and made the same noise as the last drive shaft i had .GREAT 7 Hours really.My wrench SMW Here will be taking the ski apart soon as we here in chicago are at seasons end.Pics and a report from smw will follow.I am sure i have a snapped shaft as the the noise and shaking is the same i had with the last shaft that snapped.

My skis mods 2006 rxp
    rotex 8800 ecu
    rude 3
    open loop ride plate
    new motor with all lighten parts
    teds extended shaft
    and the list goes on .The ski was hitting 84 at just under half tank.Once again 7 harder hours on it and whamo...

+1
    Dang, not good at all. Were those the shafts that were like 1k?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Well guys i have 17 hours on my extended drive shaft from ted.10 hours of which are break in on the new motor.And 7 of good riding and some wot.Everything was fine until yesterday as i was riding at lower speeds all of a sudden the ski stopped and felt like i have sucked up a rock Lucky i was right by my launch area so i got the ski off the water and looked for something stuck.NOTHING.So i took the ski home and took the seat off saw water sprayed in the hull not much and then started the motor up and saw the drive shaft jumping all around and made the same noise as the last drive shaft i had .GREAT 7 Hours really.My wrench SMW Here will be taking the ski apart soon as we here in chicago are at seasons end.Pics and a report from smw will follow.I am sure i have a snapped shaft as the the noise and shaking is the same i had with the last shaft that snapped.

My skis mods 2006 rxp
    rotex 8800 ecu
    rude 3
    open loop ride plate
    new motor with all lighten parts
    teds extended shaft
    and the list goes on .The ski was hitting 84 at just under half tank.Once again 7 harder hours on it and whamo...
    Not good..... Are you running the pump extension? (stupid question.. I know,... Had to ask?)

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Dang, sorry to hear.
    Pics?

Hope there. Not much damage and can just replace shaft.

Will see tomorrowIf its split then i am going back in time when i had no issues with a stock shaft and pump .And call it a ski

+1
    Yep its official!!!! Teds shaft snapped like all the others Anyone that is using this shaft had better take some time and inspect it, this ski had only 7 hrs of normal hard riding. There was no wear or signs on the prop that there was an impact that could have caused it, just snap! Pics will be comming soon as Tom took the shaft home with him so he could send it to Jerry or Ted.
    I am very dissapointed that this happend, I was hoping to have him build me a couple over the winter, hopfully this is an isolated case but if you have one check it out before you do any damage to your ski, I have seen broken driveshafts take out the pto housing and then the $$$ adds up real quick.

+1
    Ouch, are they replacing it?

+1
    I have to say that looks like a typical High HP break, normal place right at the PTO, you have been lucky if that hasnt wrecked your PTO,

R88

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information