+1

Leak down numbers

Hey Guys did a leak down test today and here is what i got
    1 psi of loss every 10 min
    Good or Bad ?

+1
    Thats good. How much pressure did you pump the engine up to?

+1
    9 to 10 ,im still tring to figure out this lean run away its killing me.I am almost out of options,got any ideas

+1
    Sounds like you did the pressure test correctly and had a passing result. What did you block off to do the test? Reason I ask is because if you had to remove something(like the carbs, intake manifold, exhaust manifold maybe) to block of the engine, those things not included in the pressure test could be suspect.
    Otherwise, another possiblity is a sticking throttle?

+1
    Just took the carbs back off and opened them up ,they look clean but i am a little concerned with the high and low speed jets ,they look worn to me but they still look functional to me .I dont think this would make for a lean condition ? I pulled the exhaust off at the last joint before the block and i put gaskets between the carbs and bolted them back down. This thing is relentless,talk about ball bustin.When i add up the all the parts to rebuild the carbs yet a 3rd time with the jets and the kits ,i feel like i can just buy another set from somewhere or just go the route of getting brand new ones .I dont know what to due at this point man motor checks out good ,compression,leak down.I have pulled the sending unit out remove screen and door ,cleaned tank ,new fuel switch ,all was fine until we pulled the carb the first time after my mech.said they needed to be rebuilt .I Should have just left them alone this is why i dont let anyone work on my stuff i always take care of my own stuff with no issues except time.Any help is good help so any offering i will take thanks man

+1
    Yeah I can tell your getting frustrated. I guess it has to be carb related somehow. Can you post pics of the suspect jets and needles or anything your not sure about? Maybe we can spot something wrong.

+1
    Where WAS it leaking? Did you use soap/water to find it? Even though it was not leaking much, can you address that issue? The reason that I ask it that things change when the engine gets hot, and a small leak in a cold engine might be one of concern in a hot one.

Can you hear it leaking in a quiet room?

The jets are just metered holes for fuel delivery and should not have anything to do with it.

+1
    It did not leak Salty .The leak down test went well ,it leak down 1 psi every ten minutes.I have the issues no matter if its hot or cold .
    Cutlass i just put them all back together and im going to install here in a little bit i will repost this evening if any changes ( i let the soak over night and i did see crap in the low speed chambers )
    Crossing my fingers

Thread Information