Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pulled the trigger... Going boost

I just left my ski at H20 to install the turbo kit, going to try stock ecu as many fast and reliable Sho's run stock ecu at same boost as charger.... I am aware many think it will not work but i will try as they say it will work... If not Haltech it is. Ill keep you guys posted

Pics coming early next week.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Cool what ski and are you doing any motor work? Post up in the project section and keep us updated. I know you said you were keeping the stock ecu but if it were me and my ski i would wait to see the results of the other turbo build first.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Cool what ski and are you doing any motor work? Post up in the project section and keep us updated. I know you said you were keeping the stock ecu but if it were me and my ski i would wait to see the results of the other turbo build first.

Sean
    300x, stock motor just bolt on kit.

Banned User
    +1
    Good luck with out a tunable ecu. I still don't understand why people want to only do half the work.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Good luck with out a tunable ecu. I still don't understand why people want to only do half the work.
    Many, many supercharged skis are runing perfect on stock ecu's (sho-fzr), im going to try it if it doesnt work well i will install a haltech as stated above, i am not going half way. There is only one way to be sure and it is to try! What i dont understand no one has bossted a 300x (other than karaot)why are you so sure it will not work well on the 300x ecu? Have you seen one already with issues?

Thanks in advance.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedf12x View Post
    Many, many supercharged skis are runing perfect on stock ecu's (sho-fzr), im going to try it if it doesnt work well i will install a haltech as stated above, i am not going half way. There is only one way to be sure and it is to try! What i dont understand no one has bossted a 300x (other than karaot)why are you so sure it will not work well on the 300x ecu? Have you seen one already with issues?

Thanks in advance.
    You saw my ski how it ran today you should know how "it won't work" lol

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedf12x View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Why do people compare completely different motor and electronics as well this is not a yammie it is a Kawi. Here's the thing it will run but for how long is the question. To answer your question yes I have seen it attempted on stock ecu and it did not turn out so well. He'll I have seen several with tunable ecus and it'd still a bare to tune in and make reliable. The other thing I don't see people logging is egts in there turbo set ups. Every one is so hung up on tue boost # but the volume of air the way it comes in how it's burned etc etc is different. With out being able to control timing and fuel on a turbo is just asking for trouble and u will never achieve the results ur after. Save the money get the Haltech or motec. And start off on the right foot. It's only gonna take one Bad run to blow your motor. good luck with your build look forward to seeing how it goes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Why do people compare completely different motor and electronics as well this is not a yammie it is a Kawi. Here's the thing it will run but for how long is the question. To answer your question yes I have seen it attempted on stock ecu and it did not turn out so well. He'll I have seen several with tunable ecus and it'd still a bare to tune in and make reliable. The other thing I don't see people logging is egts in there turbo set ups. Every one is so hung up on tue boost # but the volume of air the way it comes in how it's burned etc etc is different. With out being able to control timing and fuel on a turbo is just asking for trouble and u will never achieve the results ur after. Save the money get the Haltech or motec. And start off on the right foot. It's only gonna take one Bad run to blow your motor. good luck with your build look forward to seeing how it goes.
    I understand what you are saying but some one tried a stock ecu and it worked on a yammie (as seen before and reliable), I want to try on a Kawi maybe it works... thanks for your info regarding other ones you have seen. I am leaning toward a FIC managment that works on the 300 (plug and play), adjusting timing and fuel is all i need to tune for my tubo set up right? If so i am golden, I really like haltech and motec ecus but i feel it is over kill for my set up if i had a built motor and worked heads then i would lean more for a true stand alone but honestly a FIC is all i really need ( my opinion ) for a bolt on kit, right?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by KakaroT View Post
    You saw my ski how it ran today you should know how "it won't work" lol
    Your ski is stupid fast for not being tuned, sounds amazing as well! Together well work through any issues that may come up all though you have a head start so you will be alot of help for me! $$$

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The 2 motors are totally different. The kawi uses a positive displacement blower and the yami and doos use centrefugal chargers which build boost completely different. They have clutches the kawi does not. The kawasaki blowers move the same amount of air at any time no no matter what while the others use clutches that make them function very similar to a turbo. The kawi ecu is not pressure variable and at anything over 12% throttle it ignores input and functions only under alpha n mode. This means that it only takes into account rpm and throttle position. No boost, nothing the ecu can not tell that you have added any more air and more importantly it will not pull timing.

This does not mean it wont work but its asking a great deal from a very "dumb" ecu.

That is why we keep saying its woth the upgrade

Sean

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information