Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my 300x.good rpms but speed not there.

took it out today for the final ride of the season.it has both the washer mod and r&d speed up module.rear vent tubes removed. shortened the front tube to be close to the air intake.also installed the r&d fresh air filter under glove box and i have the blow off valve closed up.water temp about 68 and air temp about 81 with trim 1 up from neutral and 3/4 full tank of fuel the best i could get on gps was 71.9mph.but looking at the digital readout dash tach its turning 7960 to 8040rpms.i tried different trim settings and was slower.seems like i cant get the speed some of you have but its turning good rpms and pulls way harder than stock.

Hi, if you want to compare to speed posted here, make sure you are on the same elevation level, by that I mean sea level, 2000ft .... ? What air temperature are you seeing ?

Banned User
    +1
    Speed looks normal to me

air temp was 81 degrees.I'm riding in long island sound think that would be sea level.i looked at density alt and it was about 1000 with feet today's air.seems like a few guys on here are at 74+ mph with nothing more than i have for mods.I'm no expert on gps but mine is a 10 year old garmin 12 I'm wondering if it has very slow updating.

Banned User
    How many hours on the ski? I was very careful to avoid top speed runs during break-in - other than that I have similar mods and hit 74 with 1/3 tank (20 hrs now)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 300XXX View Post
    took it out today for the final ride of the season.it has both the washer mod and r&d speed up module.rear vent tubes removed. shortened the front tube to be close to the air intake.also installed the r&d fresh air filter under glove box and i have the blow off valve closed up.water temp about 68 and air temp about 81 with trim 1 up from neutral and 3/4 full tank of fuel the best i could get on gps was 71.9mph.but looking at the digital readout dash tach its turning 7960 to 8040rpms.i tried different trim settings and was slower.seems like i cant get the speed some of you have but its turning good rpms and pulls way harder than stock.
    Your mods and #'s are nearly identical to mine. Some post higher speeds for sure... but your skis performance seems more in line with what I have seen from my own.

Are you gonna try a rideplate?

Banned User
    Seems fine to me I was around there with same
    Mods

On Saturday, 80 degree air temp and water temp in the 60's I managed my best ever speed of 72.6 at 8050 with a full tank. With a lighter rider and less fuel it would have been close to 74. During the dog days of summer I run about 71 @ 7,900. Your speeds are typical.

+1
    Seems normal.

btw....I was able to get some high speed runs in in Lake Havasu this weekend with the R&D rideplate....consistent 73+ with a best of 73.5 mph @7980 rpm's, half tank, neutral trim. I have been struggling to hit even 70 prior to this weekend due to ocean riding, poor conditions, short runs. Completely stock I had a best of 65.9...and felt like I had a "slow" ski.

it has 16 hours.my weight is 185lbs.i have the r&d plate sitting here but didnt try it because of the review.i think it would get another mph or so but being on long island sound there is always some chop when i go out and the best spot i could find saturday still had 6 inch chop not enough to lose hookup but enough to scrub some speed i would think.thanks for the replys i thought it was off some but i guess its descent for whats done.im hoping a few more bolt ons come out that gain a little speed maybe prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information