Unhappy gpr jet pump vibration

i have a 2000 gp1200r that was running pretty good until this afternoon. i was out on the river riding and slowed down for a minute but when i went to take off i noticed an unusual vibration coming from the propulsion system and while trying to accelerate it sounds like the pump is cavitating. if i baby it i can still get it up to speed but i still feel the vibration. if i try to gun it the pump will cavitate like it has lost its seal or something. is there anyone that has some knowledge about the jet propulsion system on the gpr? please help. one thing i forgot to mention is when i try to gun it from no-wake speed the motor is reving high and fells like the pump is cavitating.
    rich.allen

+1
    Take a flash light and look inside of the water intake tunnel. You are looking for any rope or twigs or any foreign debris that may be stuck in the impeller. if you see something, use a 10 mm socket to remove the intake grate. ANYTHING inside the tunnel will cause problems, even something in between the impeller and the wear ring which surrounds the impeller. Also, check under the hull for anything sticking out such as a foam seal between the shoe and ride plate.

If you cannot find anything, you may have to consider resealing the shoe, but first things first.

thanks for the info, i did a quick inspection like you described , didn't see anything obvious. think i'll give it another look and i'll let you know if i see anything i might have missed. thanks rich.allen

went out to take another look this evening did not see anything in the pump tunnel or around the wear ring.
    do you think it may be the engine coupler or maybe the shaft bearing gone bad? rich.allen

Thread Information