Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2004 RXP found leak in hull while out of water/carbon seal/Engine Alignment UPDATE

2004 RXP 65 hours
    Found water in the hull(about a cup or two). I soaked all the water out with my "shamwow". I come back the next day and find some more water in the hull(not as much). So all this while my ski is sitting on the trailer in my garage. I dry up the water again and notice a small leak(dripping)from the port side near the rear engine mount. I start looking for the leak and pin point it to a small black clip thats plugged into the hull. This clip holds the main water hose with a zip tie.(hose that has the red line around it coming from the pump/Same hose you pinch when towing).

Why would water be dripping out of this hole?
    Maybe the water in the hull ( Carbon Seal Leak? ) was splashing around and filled the hole?

You can see this clip when you look down the ski between the S/C and Exhaust from the port side.

By jdmctr00

By jdmctr00

Black Clip plugged into the hull. Part Number 293730018 Dart-Mount

By jdmctr00

By jdmctr00

By jdmctr00

New Carbon seal on order with all parts.

+1
    That engine looks out of line just by looking at the angle of the shaft versus the bellow. My bet is your carbon seal is worn heavily where it contacts the shaft.

It looks that way. I'm not sure if it's the engine or the support ring that's not straight. The carbon seal contact looks ok it's shiny.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmctr View Post
    It looks that way. I'm not sure if it's the engine or the support ring that's not straight.
    Engine....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    That engine looks out of line just by looking at the angle of the shaft versus the bellow. My bet is your carbon seal is worn heavily where it contacts the shaft.
    +1 ide be checking those motor mounts. also that carbon seal is definetly leaking, you can see the dark line left stained underneath it.

how obvious is a broken engine mount i kinda looked and felt them but didn't notice anything.

+1
    Grab the engine near each of the mounts and pull on it, if they are broken, you'll be able to move the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Grab the engine near each of the mounts and pull on it, if they are broken, you'll be able to move the engine.
    Cool i'll try that tomorrow. If they are not broken why/how would it be out of line?

+1
    Well, sometimes they come from the factory out of line, but being this is an '04 and this issue is just coming up, I'm betting on a broken mount. That looks really out of line too.....

+1
    Guys the water is coming from between the inner, and outer hull. your hull is water logged (like mine I might add) everytime you rinse your engine bay, it can get into any unplugged holes between the hulls. Do you have any chips in the gelcoat on the bottom of the hull ? Water can be getting in from there, or just from rinsing.

On the trailer, tip the ski all the way up, and pull that black clip out. Watch how much water comes out . I drilled a few holes thru the inner hull, in the back under the muffler, and where the resonator was, and even more will come out. When all drained out, and dried for a few days, I filled the holes with Silicone.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information