Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

300X list to port solution

My 300X has the usual list to Port or the Left,it is slight and not a big deal but I do notice that when coming off a wave and grabbing air that it does want to lean to the port and needs some body language to get it to not hit on the heavy side.My Idea is to mount a second battery in the rear section where the second waterbox was originally designed to go,the battery is a bit lighter than whats necessary to level it and I will also add another aproximately 20 pounds of lead in a fiberglass rounded bottom custom tray that I will make to fit the second unused muffler section,then attach the battery holder I made to the top of this.
    Another thought was why did'nt Kawasaki engineer the waterbox to be on the opposite side of the hull to offset some of the superchargers weight? For my style of riding I'd like to get the bow up a bit anyways so a little more weight in back should be good. Plus its useable weight aside from say 20 pounds,and the security of 2 batteries is nice for those long overnight outings.I'll follow up as It progresses.

+1
    Hey

Good luck, I watch this thread with interest. Adding things like bilge pumps and other accessories on the right hand side would help as well I am guessing.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    By adding weight in the rear, you are getting the nose up, but displacing more water ie more drag. You will actually slow the ski down. Just because the nose is up, doesn't mean better or faster riding. The 300 will never ride like a gpr that is out of the water. It's not setup for that will not come out of the water much more than stock. It's not made for speed. Put too much weight back there and you will have yourself a wakeboarding boat instead of a ski.

The list is the oem sponsons. An aftermarket set should do nicely.

+1
    lmfao cant believe people think this is a problem and continue to worry about it...and sponsons aint going to fix it either

damn guess i have a real problem not....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020880.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	255969  

Just an update,,and no I don't think of it as a problem.or is it going to slow my ski down or make it a wakeboat,,hahaha! The weight needed to level it is much less than I had previously thought,I just weighed the weights I used to level it and its only 24 pounds.my Battery weighs 16.5 pounds so I will only be adding 7 or 8 pounds additional useless weight.Hardly enough to make much of a speed difference. I am not looking to raise the nose for speed,but more for handling the large waves that I ride in,to keep from stuffing the nose.not that it has ever been a problem either.This post was in no way meant to give credibility to the 300X being dangerously unstable,but as information on how I am going to deal with a very slight list.So as it is,it works out to my benefit that this ski has a bit more weight to one side,cuz I was adding a second battery no matter what.Just thought I'd share my Idea.Steve

Yeah you do,,,,If them jugs are full of Booze! hahaha.

Yeah you do,,,,If them jugs are full of Booze! hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    lmfao cant believe people think this is a problem and continue to worry about it...and sponsons aint going to fix it either

damn guess i have a real problem not....

OEM Sponsons causing the list ?? no way.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    By adding weight in the rear, you are getting the nose up, but displacing more water ie more drag. You will actually slow the ski down. Just because the nose is up, doesn't mean better or faster riding. The 300 will never ride like a gpr that is out of the water. It's not setup for that will not come out of the water much more than stock. It's not made for speed. Put too much weight back there and you will have yourself a wakeboarding boat instead of a ski.

The list is the oem sponsons. An aftermarket set should do nicely.

+1
    what do you plan on doing with that battery dropping some leads over the side and electrocuting those tuna lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    if you straighten up your cap you will find the list goes away

and looks like you could loose a few extra winter lbs................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information