Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2003 Aquatrax fuel leak problem

Anyone have there gas tank leak before? My hull keeps filling up with fuel when its sitting in the garage. Not coming from any lines or anything. Look to be coming from under the tank, but I cant see. Will the tank come out from the front?

Thanks

+1
    I have never heard of one leaking before.

I tried to use a mirror to see under there, and no luck...but if I sit there and watch, little spirts keep coming out from down there somewhere. Im sure Im going to have to pull the tank. I dont know anywhere else it could be coming from.

My 2003 Aquatrax F12 Turbo has developed a leak under the gas tank and Honda is saying the engine must be removed to replace the tank. It started leaking after I filled the tank up so I assumed that it was leaking on the top end of the tank but I cannot feel or see any leak on the sides. I feel it dripping under the tank. Honda said there was no recall for any fuel leak problems on 2005 or any other year. They said it was 6.5 hrs @ $89.00 per hour to remove engine and replace the tank plus the cost of the tank.

Can you tell me where yours was leaking and if it was determined to be a manufacture defect ?

If it only leaked after filling I would say 1st, drain 1/2 the gas out and see if it continues. If it does not make sure the lid is tight on the tank, replace the seal and double check for leaks. It could be the return line or the line where it connects to the fuel rail. Little to no chance it has developed a leak on the bottom of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Rampage View Post
    Anyone have there gas tank leak before? My hull keeps filling up with fuel when its sitting in the garage. Not coming from any lines or anything. Look to be coming from under the tank, but I cant see. Will the tank come out from the front?

Thanks
    Yes, I had ridden my 2003 F12X for a few hours put it back on the lift and the next weekend it would not start. I had previously had to replace the main relay so I figured it was that again. I ordered one after it came I went to change it and when I took the seat off the hull was full of gas. Kinda scary, I was getting ready to disconnect the battery but luckily the smell got my attention. I stuck my hand down in what I thought was water, but it was gas enough to cover the spars on the bottom.

I can also see a drip but can't tell where is coming from, I assume a crack. I would like to know if you have fixed the problem and if it is indeed coming from the tank. I consider this a very serious problem and hope know one gets hurt.

I got here by doing a search, so I just wanted to add my experience. I hope that anyone else has this problem you will take the time to register and add a comment.

Concerned Honda Lover

I just got done replacing my tank because it had a small crack right were the rubber supports are in the front. The entire engine hade to come out to get the tank out of the ski. The ski only has 98 hrs on it and is a 2006 f-12. I sent a report in on recall.gov so maybe Honda will start fixing these skis before some one gets killed because the ski blows up with them on it. Mine drained about 14 of the 16 gal tank into the bottom when I found it.

+1
    That is really scary....

That is scary indeed. I know this is a little old, but I just purchased an 07' F12x today, brought it home, and I'm smelling a lot of gas fumes. I'm watching it closely and am hopeful the previous owner just spilled a little. So far, the bilge is dry...it's just the fumes that are disturbing. I'm going to go over it tomorrow, do some rust preventative work around the turbo, and will hopefully identify the cause of the fumes. I did get 3 years remaining on the warranty which helps if it doesn't blow up tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by phubai View Post
    That is scary indeed. I know this is a little old, but I just purchased an 07' F12x today, brought it home, and I'm smelling a lot of gas fumes. I'm watching it closely and am hopeful the previous owner just spilled a little. So far, the bilge is dry...it's just the fumes that are disturbing. I'm going to go over it tomorrow, do some rust preventative work around the turbo, and will hopefully identify the cause of the fumes. I did get 3 years remaining on the warranty which helps if it doesn't blow up tonight!

There is now a Honda recall for 12X tanks. They will be available mid summer apparently. I have an option to buy a leftover 07 F12x right now....but engine out etc on a brand new ski is putting me off....Especially as I'd need to take ski back to Ireland from mainland UK for the work to be done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information