interchange sl 750 fuel pump with 780 triple outlet

ok new to the forum and have done a lot of reading and everything has been helpful.. so i bought a triple outlet fuel pump off of an 780 and im replacing the single outlet stock 750 pump.. in my reading it says not to use the hardware store gas lines?? well i already went to napa and replaced all my other fuel lines and wondering why those fuel lines are not recomended for the fuel pump upgrade.. and last what should i use to block off the lines on the fuel rail...

keep in mine i just bought this and the guy told me it ran.. i never got it started.. so i replaced all the fuel lines took the carb apart and cleand it, it looked as if it had been rebuilt not long ago but a litte dirty.. compression was great in all three cylinders, had great spark but just seemed as if it wasnt getting fuel.. there was no fuel in the lines ect.. i also put in a primer bulb and that sucked the fuel flawless to the fuel pump.. so im guess ing my last resort is to replace this fuel pump.. and if this doesnt work i will start it on fire!!! lol

Contact John Zigler for a new Mikuni fuel pump and associated items. You might have to locate the new pump in the lowest position possible in the hull. I know I had to do that. Be sure that the restrictor or is in the return line to the tank. It is zip tied about 2-3 inches from the carburetor.
    Lots of info on this site.

http://www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com/

i already have a new pump and yea i know about the restrictor and placing the pump lower i just need to know what some people were using to cap off the fuel lines in the fuel rail..

+1
    A brass or stainless slug 1/4" diameter by about 3/8" long will work. There are some member who have also pulled out the stainless hose fitting, tapped the hole, and inserted a set-screw with sealant on the threads.

KJ

thanks kj well i just decided to get the new fuel pump and fuel selector and oil block off kit from john zigler and everything i need is there but thanks for the help guys!!

+1
    As long as the fuel lines you bought say fuel use on them you will be fine, what I did was put a tee between the first & second carb & another tee between the second & third carb, then put one hose on each from the fuel pump & the third from the fuel pump on the inlet of the fuel rail, then nothing needed to be capped off. Works fine. I have seen pictures of this done the same way on this site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    As long as the fuel lines you bought say fuel use on them you will be fine, what I did was put a tee between the first & second carb & another tee between the second & third carb, then put one hose on each from the fuel pump & the third from the fuel pump on the inlet of the fuel rail, then nothing needed to be capped off. Works fine. I have seen pictures of this done the same way on this site.
    I have a 94 750 SL...and that description matches what i have already. Only additional thing i have is a the end of fuel rail has a rubber hose blocked off(PTO End). I am switching over to a Triple HO PUmp(the 780) is it safe to assume all i have to do is hook the hoses up to the present T's and 3rd fuel line to the end of the rail where its blocked off now?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1

+1
    yea thats the pattern i was going to follow.

Thread Information