Fogging question

Per the service manual on the 2010 FX SHO, to fog the engine you spray fogging oil for 5 seconds with the engine running. I get that part, but I heard that some guys are also spraying fogging oil down each plug hole and then bumping the starter for additional peice of mind.Just looking for your thoughts on this, is it needed or not? it does freeze here in NJ and ski will be winterized from mid to late October until May of next year. If this is the case could someone explain how you bump the starter without starting the engine? Plugs in or out?coil pack connecters hooked up or not? Sorry for the rant,just confused. Also I appologize if this has been brought up before.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

+1
    I would just pull all the plugs, spray into each hole, and cover the valve cover with a towel, and bump it.

+1
    Turning the engine over for a quick second?

+1
    Hit both. You need to hit the intake also as the throttle body needs her lube too.

Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    Per the service manual on the 2010 FX SHO, to fog the engine you spray fogging oil for 5 seconds with the engine running. I get that part, but I heard that some guys are also spraying fogging oil down each plug hole and then bumping the starter for additional peice of mind.Just looking for your thoughts on this, is it needed or not? it does freeze here in NJ and ski will be winterized from mid to late October until May of next year. If this is the case could someone explain how you bump the starter without starting the engine? Plugs in or out?coil pack connecters hooked up or not? Sorry for the rant,just confused. Also I appologize if this has been brought up before.

Any help would be great, Thanks.
    Just me but I always fog thru intake for 5-10 secs until i get a little bog, then remove plugs and give a good shot, bump the starter before replacing the plugs (garranteed not to start with the plugs lying on the bench )

+1
    I just fogged my ski this weekend. I sprayed it for 5 seconds in the breather hose. The engine speed dropped and then right as I was releasing the trigger at the end of 5 seconds, the engine quit out. This is normal from what I hear. I started the ski after and everything ran great!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I just fogged my ski this weekend. I sprayed it for 5 seconds in the breather hose. The engine speed dropped and then right as I was releasing the trigger at the end of 5 seconds, the engine quit out. This is normal from what I hear. I started the ski after and everything ran great!
    Aww man! Now you gotta re-do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    Aww man! Now you gotta re-do it!

Ain't life a beach

Thread Information