Question anti freez for winterizing or use a compressor to blow out water or both

We get pretty cold winters here in NY

Question, is there some kind of adapter that i can use to add antifreeze while flushing my engine, my fzr has a little threaded female connection for my flush. Someone has to sell something to interface between the water hose and flush connector to add antifreeze.

I noticed the see doo people blow out their skis.do many jet skiers do this method, i would get a air compressor fitting on the other end of the flush kit and blow out all the water. Should i regulate my compressor so as not to hurt something. Is this a common practice for yamaha'ers

+1
    You can use the salt-away adapter to put antifreeze in your system. Personally, I dont use antifreeze. Just blow out the water box a few times over the course of a weekend and you should be fine. I live in MA so we have the same cold winters here.

Get all the water out of the hull with a shop vac/ towels.

That is to plug my fitting in and use my compressor to blow everything out from the flushing port, what should i regulate my air to

I would not use a compressor to blow out the ski! I read some where that you could do damage!!!! It can force water where it is not meant to be. I could be wrong, but Wouldn't do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    I would not use a compressor to blow out the ski! I read some where that you could do damage!!!! It can force water where it is not meant to be. I could be wrong, but Wouldn't do it.
    I don't think you'd have an issue with 10-20psi of air, since the pump can push much more than that(upwards of 70psi so I've been told)... But I personally wouldn't go much above 20psi.

wow sounds good and thanks

I ran a compressor and pumped antifreeze. Gets real cold in Calgary! -40c

Thread Information