Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Is s3 driveshaft interchangeable with previous year RXT shafts?

I was wondering if anyone can confirm if previous year RXT driveshafts are compatible with newer s3 Doos? I haven't had the chance to compare the two and was hoping someone knew instead of me having to pull it. I read that someone made it work at Mudbug.. Would be good to know with all of the issues
    thanks

+1
    i was the one at mudbug thats got and IS we put and 06 in it seem to be ok it was a bitch getting the old one out. i need to run the ski a little more i will update u. pvt MS RXP he put it in he might can put his 2 cents in also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by starter99 View Post
    i was the one at mudbug thats got and IS we put and 06 in it seem to be ok it was a bitch getting the old one out. am need to run the ski a little more i update u
    It was the old style 06 and up shaft. Gone is the nut, and back to the floating ring and c-clip. They need to send you an different bearing setup as the PTO housings are different. It wasn't an 06 shaft per-say, rather an 06 spec shaft NIB. They sent all new parts. SO MUCH easier to get off and on with the old setup. It was a time getting it off. The problem they found with the IS driveshaft was 2 things. 1. Too much play in splines that engage the impeller. 2. Improper material in order to save money. Overall, it was a better fit personally. It hasn't sunk yet has it Murray?

+1
    You ran 2 tanks through it after it was changed. No issues thus far though... Right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    It was the old style 06 and up shaft. Gone is the nut, and back to the floating ring and c-clip. They need to send you an different bearing setup as the PTO housings are different. It wasn't an 06 shaft per-say, rather an 06 spec shaft NIB. They sent all new parts. SO MUCH easier to get off and on with the old setup. It was a time getting it off. The problem they found with the IS driveshaft was 2 things. 1. Too much play in splines that engage the impeller. 2. Improper material in order to save money. Overall, it was a better fit personally. It hasn't sunk yet has it Murray?
    This is the one that went 82.1mph?

+1
    I have no clue yet ski was running good when me a troy was racing top end then when i headed back to JERRY parents would'nt go over 65 don't think it's a driveshaft issues tho. just got s/c pipe powder coated today going to put it on tonight . and test sometimes tom .another thing i found was to much oil in the ski maybe thats got something to do with it.

+1
    SCOTT if u would have showed up to mudbug u know how fast everone was running . no show scott . hope u can make it next year i got something in the works for u. coming soon in 2012

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    This is the one that went 82.1mph?
    Not telling?

Yes! it is...

+1
    I have no clue yet ski was running good when me a troy was racing top end then when i headed back to JERRY parents would'nt go over 65 don't think it's a driveshaft issues tho. just got s/c pipe powder coated today going to put it on tonight . and test sometimes tom .another thing i found was to much oil in the ski maybe thats got something to do with it.
    That could definitely have something to do with it. Troy's ski run's 81 and you were pulling on him a little. That big bitch is FAST!

Did you get the new pipe you learned about at JSJ's shop? What about the IC piping?

The low speed isn't the driveshaft. You know your charger is now in spec thanks to the Human Torque Wrench It really makes a difference when done right.... No question...

+1
    SCOTT if u would have showed up to mudbug u know how fast everone was running . no show scott . hope u can make it next year i got something in the works for u. coming soon in 2012
    I'll make it down there at some point. Come to NJ and drive my ski there and back!

What plans do you have for 2012 and its for me?? I'm excited

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information