Dual Jetworks W/drain

Here is my little invention guys. Found out that after installing the jetworks mod that the down pipe sits full of water(close to a gallon) after riding and no way to get it out. I simply drilled and tapped for the install of a small brass radiator petcock to flush and drain the pipe properly. I also use dual pipe outlets, one on top and one on bottom of pipe, doubles the water flow. Works great... Necessary especially with all of us salt water riders to flush and drain the salt water out of the pipe...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001464.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	543.7 KB 
ID:	13411  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Here is my little invention guys. Found out that after installing the jetworks mod that the down pipe sits full of water(close to a gallon) after riding and no way to get it out. I simply drilled and tapped for the install of a small brass radiator petcock to flush and drain the pipe properly. I also use dual pipe outlets, one on top and one on bottom of pipe, doubles the water flow. Works great... Necessary especially with all of us salt water riders to flush and drain the salt water out of the pipe...
    Not sure I understand your invention. If the drain hose is properly installed
    and routed to the correct location by the pump it will drain all the water
    out of the pipe.

Depends on if your exit barb is tapped on top of pipe or the bottom. Island installs fitting on top, fercho installs it on the bottom. Those with exit on top of pipe will hold water even if hull exit is low, around the pump.
    Several guys here are running their hull exit fittings on the upper part of the hull, where triples would exit.The higher on the hull your exit, the more water the pipe will hold.
    Doubling the flow volume with 2 exits will help decrease engine and under seat temps too.

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    Ok, so let me get this straight. U recomend one on top & one on the bottom? I'm about to get mine drilled & tapped sometime this week. I'm planning on buying the tapping kit & do it myself. Any suggestions would be great! Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Depends on if your exit barb is tapped on top of pipe or the bottom. Island installs fitting on top, fercho installs it on the bottom. Those with exit on top of pipe will hold water even if hull exit is low, around the pump.
    Several guys here are running their hull exit fittings on the upper part of the hull, where triples would exit.The higher on the hull your exit, the more water the pipe will hold.
    Doubling the flow volume with 2 exits will help decrease engine and under seat temps too.

Is the Valve set to the right RPM?

scittb.. My valve opens at 4000 rpm, but that has nothing to do with this..
    The valve opens and dumps water in the waterbox.
    This is for the exiting water from the pipe, and simply installing a drain petcock fitting also..
    PWCmaniac...All im saying is i did it, and it works great.. Yea, i would do it if i were you. You simply drill and tap 3 holes instead of one. One for a top exit, another for the bottom exit and the 3rd for the drain petcock.
    Look close at the pic and you will see the drain petcock next to the lower exit hose..

Water seeks its own level. the remaining water in the waterjacket of the pipe will be at the level of the bypass fitting reguardless if the exit tap is on the top or bottom. yes, tapping the bottom of the pipe will get a little more water ( about a cup ) out of the pipe.that amount is negligable. The bypass fitting would have to be below the lowest point of the pipe to drain all the water out of the water jacket.

Hello Islandracing. Great you got involved. Thanks for your input.
    Everything you stated is true. Those that will get the greatest benefit are those like me that have the hull exit fitting higher up on the rear of the hull.
    Interested in your thoughts on the dual exits increasing exit flow rate and cooling.
    The factory gasket that is blocked off with the rubber gasket has 6 large oval shaped passages that allow the pipe to drain in the waterbox. Any jetworks kit takes that factory 6 port exit and uses only one 3/8 hose as a substitute.
    I have ran this dual exit setup 6 hours now and the underseat, and pipe temps seem lower, but i havent physically measured the temp yet.
    Doubling the flow with 2 exits still isnt close to the flow rate of the factory 6 hole gasket, but its much greater than only one hose.

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Question B-4 I install it...

Ok, b4 I do anything... One thing I 4got to mention is that besides haulin ass I may spend 15-25 minutes on idle sometimes, depending where I'm at. Will my engine heat up if I remain idling so long???? I'm bringing back the thread I posted last month. Let me bump it back up now. Any suggestions will be of help. THANKS!

Pwcmaniac, youll be fine.. There isnt enough heat created at idle to cause a problem. With free flow or sound suppression doesnt matter either..

Thread Information