Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lake Placid,N.Y.
    Posts
    17
    +1
    2

    NEW OR USED which is better?

    hello i have read some great info here thanks to u all--i am looking to buy a blue 2011 vxr in next 2 weeks i found a few new and a few used- if i go the used route what should i be checking i have only owned 2 strokes--thanks


  2. #2
    STALKER FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    424
    For me, it would come down to hours, mods, maintenance, and overall condition on the used skis...If you can get a new one for just a little more, I would go new.

  3. #3
    Yamatr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150
    +1
    8
    Find a leftover model and go with new. Unless you can find a used Yamaha with extended warranty. That's my 2cents.

  4. #4
    STALKER FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamatr3 View Post
    Find a leftover model and go with new. Unless you can find a used Yamaha with extended warranty. That's my 2cents.
    Thats what I did. Found a new 09 FZR left-over in May of this year. Got a smoking deal on it with a warranty.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    783
    +1
    29
    Stalker,

    Do tell what a smokin' deal is. Give us something to shoot for.

  6. #6
    Yamatr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by STALKER FZR View Post
    Thats what I did. Found a new 09 FZR left-over in May of this year. Got a smoking deal on it with a warranty.
    Thats what I did too. LOL

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblaster View Post
    hello i have read some great info here thanks to u all--i am looking to buy a blue 2011 vxr in next 2 weeks i found a few new and a few used- if i go the used route what should i be checking i have only owned 2 strokes--thanks
    If you know the owner 1st hand and know "how" the boat was taken care of I would not have a problem buying a used one in this scenario. My biggest concern would be if the boat was used in salt water; properly rinsed, flushed, etc. If it's a freshwater unit and the price is good that may be a way to go. Since VXR/S is a relatively new model, most units should be under 100 hours. I think the lifespan of these engines are going to be pretty good. JB

  8. #8
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    If you know the owner 1st hand and know "how" the boat was taken care of I would not have a problem buying a used one in this scenario. My biggest concern would be if the boat was used in salt water; properly rinsed, flushed, etc. If it's a freshwater unit and the price is good that may be a way to go. Since VXR/S is a relatively new model, most units should be under 100 hours. I think the lifespan of these engines are going to be pretty good. JB
    I agree with the salt water comment. I ride offshore in salt all the time and I flush with salt-away and use FF after every ride. Still, salt water gets on everything and anything. Its an uphill battle. I would really only buy a fresh water ski unless you really know how it was taken care of. Because in all honesty, most rec riders (non GH guys) dont know how to properly care for a ski.

  9. #9
    D22jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saddle Brook, NJ
    Posts
    106
    +1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. which is better gp800r or gp1200
    By yz450f in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 07:55 PM
  2. Which is better 15/20 SKAT or 15/20 swirl??
    By thesepaperwings in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:10 PM
  3. Which is better Exhaust, Riva or R Rated
    By HYNES in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM
  4. which is better. riva or rotax ecu for 07 rxt
    By hydrojunkie in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 08:52 PM
  5. RXP Intercooler - which is better ?
    By gerri3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •