2006 GTI-SE Surging

Our SeaDoo (2006 GTI SE) has been pretty much trouble free - 115hrs, we put 20 or so on it a year. I don't know if it has always done this or not, but this weekend I was riding it for the first time in awhile. I noticed at mid throttle (4500rpm 25-30mph) the rpms tend to surge a little (+/1 100rpm) nothing dramatic, but noticeable if you are trying to keep a steady speed. Other wise it runs fine, you really only notice it when trying to cruise along at a moderate steady speed. At higher rpms (2/3 to WOT) it does not seem noticeable. Had it serviced at a SeaDoo dealer at 100hrs and no issues or codes. Otherwise I service it myself each season to include oil change and spark plugs. Curious from other SeaDoo owners if this is normal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK View Post
    Our SeaDoo (2006 GTI SE) has been pretty much trouble free - 115hrs, we put 20 or so on it a year. I don't know if it has always done this or not, but this weekend I was riding it for the first time in awhile. I noticed at mid throttle (4500rpm 25-30mph) the rpms tend to surge a little (+/1 100rpm) nothing dramatic, but noticeable if you are trying to keep a steady speed. Other wise it runs fine, you really only notice it when trying to cruise along at a moderate steady speed. At higher rpms (2/3 to WOT) it does not seem noticeable. Had it serviced at a SeaDoo dealer at 100hrs and no issues or codes. Otherwise I service it myself each season to include oil change and spark plugs. Curious from other SeaDoo owners if this is normal.
    Yeah, it's not much to worry with. Especially if it is being regularly serviced. Might change the plugs and be done with it. Good luck...

+1
    Oh, Welcome to the Hulk...

Thanks - Just got back to the lake this weekend. Will be putting it away for the winter in a couple of weeks, so not going to mess with new plugs - it will get them in the spring. I did put in a bottle of Techron and after an hour or so of running it seems to be running better. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast and I have never really paid attention.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK View Post
    Thanks - Just got back to the lake this weekend. Will be putting it away for the winter in a couple of weeks, so not going to mess with new plugs - it will get them in the spring. I did put in a bottle of Techron and after an hour or so of running it seems to be running better. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast and I have never really paid attention.
    Put a tank of Premium in her and be done with it. Let it clean the system out. When you winterize, fill up with premium and put a bottle of Marine Sta-bil before you fill up.

Thread Information