Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harbor freight

+1

Harbor freight

Ive seen people mention harbor freight many times on these forums. I had a sus of their website, and JEEZ do they have some cheap stuff..

Is their gear any good? Or are you getting what you pay for?

+1
    Depending on what your looking for,You get what you pay for from there......Just My opinion after seeing some things from there....

+1
    X2 Some of the things are really nice for the money. Some of the tools are garbage, but some I've had no problems with. I actually got this roll around stand from there that holds a SHO motor perfecftly. It makes it easy to move the motor around by yourself. Some things are cheap enough to buy and if they break after one use, it was still worth it. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Depending on what your looking for,You get what you pay for from there......Just My opinion after seeing some things from there....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motordolly1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	256330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motordolly.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	256331  

+1
    hand tools from there are pretty good, actually, knock on wood, i haven't had any issues yet with tools from there.

I bought a grinder for like $8 one time, super sale, plus a coupon and I expected to use it only 1 time, I have used it many times since then no problems yet.

I wouldn't buy a power drill, impact wrench, sander, ect, from there. Something that you are going to use often, you are better off buying the good stuff.

I did score an engine hoist from there a few years back for under $100 and it is actually a good piece.

+1
    I bought a $10 grinder from there, back fell off but with some duct tape it still works. They sell the best creeper imo, its red and formed to you body, you can get it on sale for under $20. I also bought a 2 ton aluminum, low height, rapid lift racing jack that has been doing a great job for 6 months now. Its give and take on some other things tho. Most hand tools are all made from the same factory over seas, when I worked retail we sold Wilmar brand tools, which look identical to the Harbor Freight ones, just different color scheme.

+1
    I got this foldable engine hoist for $100 also. Love it. There are coupons around again for that price. I have one that ends 12/5/2011 Here is the info on the hoist.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-c...ane-93840.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I got this foldable engine hoist for $100 also. Love it. There are coupons around again for that price. I have one that ends 12/5/2011 Here is the info on the hoist.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-c...ane-93840.html
    that's the one!

+1
    I have bought a compression tester, leak down tester, and some other things. Working great so far. Also got this hand grinder for $12 about 3 years ago to sharpen my lawn mower blades. Used it the other day to clean up some things and still works great. Bought 3 replacement wheels from there also and no issues there. Couple of furniture moving carts and that's it. No sockets or other hand tools.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    some of their hand tools carry the same guarantee as "Craftsman" tools, and its never been an issue for me to return them; its usually a 'no questions asked' deal, in spite of the hammer traks on the back of the socket, which had split from same hammering action. (Now, how DID that happen?). Yes, things do rust in Cali...

anywho...yes, the stuff you use asll the time, and COUNT on, get your fav. name brand. but for a cheaper alternative to your hand tools try them out.
    The jacks and engine hoists are really very good, when you take into acct. the initial investment. Even the air tools, and spray guns/abrasive blasters work well. If not, they take it back - no questions.
    generally plan on the no questions for an exchange; refunds may be a lil different.

I bought a know off dremel tool, it sucked. Bought a hammer drill and it sucked too.

But, I have used numerous hand tools, hitches, trailer tires, small electrical wiring pieces, etc with no issues.

I just refuse to buy any more power tools there, although some seem to have good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information