Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

04 fx ho ecu what part number on ecu?

im looking for the part number that is on the outside of the 04 fx ho ecu.
    6B6-8591A-00-00 is part number from microfiche.

anyone? asking because i need to purchase an ecu. and need one from a 04 fx ho. guy who is selling me the ecu needs to know what the code is on the front of the ecu. and from the ecu i have fx140 non ho it says 60E-01 but the part number in the online microfiche
    is 60E-8591A-01-00

now i need an 04 fx ho ecu, and need to know what will be on the ecu for the part number/ code.
    the ecu i need is part # 6B6-8591A-00-00....... would it be safe to asume it will be 6B6-00?

Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    im looking for the part number that is on the outside of the 04 fx ho ecu.
    6B6-8591A-00-00 is part number from microfiche.

It looks like you have a MR1 engine jetboat. I do not know the code your looking for. Any ECU 160hp FX HO should work. The engines did not change. They do have different part #s. I dont know if the electrical multi connectors are the same. Where are you located? I have a 06 wiring harness and complete electrical box. That you could try if you live in the Nashville, TN or Boynton Beach, FL areas.

Roy

actually i have an 02 fx140 motor that i am building and switching all to fx ho parts. things like boring the engine from 74mm to 76mm andhaving the cylinder replated and running fx ho stock pistons new from riva. changing the cams to fx ho cams. and have the wiring harness pinned at the ecu connector for 04 fxho and up. all of this is going into an xlt1200 hull. that said im looking for either a jetboat ecu or a 04 fxho ecu because it doesn't have the off throtle steering system and doesn't look for the steering sensor found on the 05+ fxho's.

i do have a steering sensor and wiring that i can pin into my harness no big deal. just trying not to if i don't have to. same thing with having to install the steering sensor on my helm.

Ive already bypassed the remote security system and removed it from my harness.

if i can't find one i guess ill just have to bite the bullet and install the steering sensor, run the wiring in my harness and just go with an 05+ ecu.

I have a 04 HO it seems like it has the OTSS. I will be riding it this week end. Another way to get around mounting the steering sensors is to not hook up the speedguessometer!! The OTSS only works above about 25+mph. Below that it does not rev the engine. If your going to run anything but the stock ride plate the guessometer is useless. I have one ski with a R&D and one with a Riva Ride plate. Both jacked up the spedo. I have a GPS mounted on the handlebar it give me all the speed data I need. Are the cylinder heads different between the 140 and 160 engines? Would like to know if things like the exhaust are different also. You will need the ignition coils.

thanks for the info. im goin with stock fx guages and id like them to work. may switch to the ar230 high output round guages but not set on that yet.

as for heads mine was fubared from water sitting in engine before i got it. and in all actuality im running a vx head casting since thats what i had at the shop i work at. everything is being switched out anyways. and i already do have the coils and the wiring. again taken from a parts ski at work. also the 02 fx140 has the same exhaust as the fx ho which i already have. also only difference in throttle bodies is the idle bypass motor which is also a part of the OTSS. which i also have mounted to my throttle bodies. prety much covered on the install and the engine but don't have an 04 fx that is a customers or a parts ski to take a look and find out what the code on the ecu is.

on the parts microfiche the 04 shouldn't have OTSS because it doesn't have the steering sensor mounted on the helm under the lower steering cover. you can check on yours and see if there is a 3 wire plug with white/blue, black/orn , and red/yellow on the ski's harness side. but thats for an 05 wiring diagram. the 04fxho doesn't show it in the wiring diagram thus i don't think it has it.

im not worried about it its just an 05 ecu looks for it and won't run right and throws a code for it missing. so if i can get an ecu that doesn't look for it that would be great. thus 04 fx ho or 05 ar230 ho.

or i just go snag the steering sensor out of the parts vx i have at the shop. put it on my xlt1200 helm, and pin in the wiing from the harness i have. and run it like its supposed to be there.

starting to wonder if the change in part numbers between ecu's between years if there is any timing or fuel map changes done by yamaha.

FX to FX HO

Keep me posted on how this project goes. I have a friend that needs a FX HO engine. If this works well He might be able to create one. The 140 engine is easier to find.

Thanks Roy

+1
    Make that two friends Roy. My 06 FX just blew piston #1. I will pull the head and asses damage. So far no hole on the block like on my friend's...

Julio, You are the friend I was speaking of!! I will be in S FL thursday. Would realy like to help pull the engine, and tear it down!! ie. free labor?? Let me know.

Back to the thread. I do not know why Yami changed the part #s. There has to be some reason. I wish I knew the differences!! I have written R&D twice about reflashing these ECUs with no response. I do feel there is a rev limiting device I wish I could alter. The FX HO has the power to run well into the 60s it is limited by the ECU. As I said before keep me posted on any findings on these engines. R

converting a fx140 engine to ho is a lot more involved. mainly because of the bore size. im having my block bored because the cylinder walls are damaged. but they will have to be bored, replated, and honed to the new pistons. melinium plating is charging me 650$ for the boring, plating and honing.

your better off with a vx110 to convert and change the rods, pistons, and valvetrain. a vx110 motor is 1052cc's just like the ho motor where as a fx 140 motor is 998cc's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information