help plzzz no spark on my 02 virage txi

I have a 2002 polaris txi with no spark.

i have had a dealer run the diagnostic test and everything checked out ok. so he informed me that it was either my stator or flywheel. (flywheels fine, so i replaced the stator) still no spark on any cylinder. and the MFI does a full sweep after its woke up.

fresh motor rebuild 21 hrs ago ran awesome last trip out and now doesn't start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your battery is able to supply at least 10.6 volts while cranking the engine. Anything less then the engine will not fire. Check and make sure the lanyard switch is working properly also. If all that checks out I would suspect the EMM has a problem.
    Last edited by jackofalltrades; 10-16-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Content

Battery voltage isn't as critical on the DI systems. There are only two things that can kill spark - stator or EMM. My Virage i didn't have spark on either cylinder. After swapping the stator I sen the EMM to DFI and they said it was shot. After their repair I dropped it in the hull and it cranked right up.

Now my TXi lost spark on one cylinder....everything tells me I'm looking at another $550 DFI bill.

Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    Battery voltage isn't as critical on the DI systems. There are only two things that can kill spark - stator or EMM. My Virage i didn't have spark on either cylinder. After swapping the stator I sen the EMM to DFI and they said it was shot. After their repair I dropped it in the hull and it cranked right up.

Now my TXi lost spark on one cylinder....everything tells me I'm looking at another $550 DFI bill.
    Sorry to hear you have another issue with your TXI, that sucks. Have you tried swapping the coils to see if the no spark follows? In regard to Corey's ski, I would think it would have turned up at least one code if the dealer ran the diagnostics. On the DI engines, poor grounding to the coils can kill the spark also. As for the 10.6 volts, I just always went by what K447 had stated previously although in the service guide there is really nothing that I could find to indicate that anything less than 10.6 would cause the ignition coils not to fire.

Thread Information