Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A "Closet" member finally comes out!

Hi All,
    I finally took the plunge and joined the group as I've been reading posts here for quite some time. The members here have helped me tremendously with knowledge/tips for keeping my "fleet" not only running, but updating and increasing reliability as well. I was a tech then later a service writer at a large powersports dealership servicing motorcycles, and got back into PWC's in my spare time. I now have two Kawasaki stand-ups, and three Polaris machines. I didn't join earlier as most questions I had were already answered, so all I had to do was search and I usually found the Q&A already posted. Also, I didn't have much to share knowledge wise as the Polaris machines have there own inherent issues and wouldn't be much help to anyone needing info. Lastly, none of my Polaris's were "River ready" so I've been just accumulating parts and getting them all back to spec.
    Anyways, just wanted to say "Thanks" to all for the help so far!

Cheers!!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will be able to chime in with answers to questions presented here whether they be for Polaris or Kawasaki skis

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome home

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Hu.

What skis do you have?

We LOVE pics!!!!!!!

Please post your "inherent" issues you've had because others I'm sure have/had the exact same thing happen and can benefit from your experience.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk!.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset[1].jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	256485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset[2].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	256486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset[3].jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	256487Thanks again for the Welcome! LOL, my "inherent issues" that I have come across on the polaris's have been pretty typical of the early 750 engines. Ground wire replacement, complete fuel system updates and rebuilds, driveshaft replacement/ pump rebuilds due to age/ neglect. The things that have been prevalent on all the machines has been (1) Going through the ENTIRE machine cleaning, greasing, replacing parts as necessary. They're now around 15 years old so regardless of hours when you tear into them your going to find problems waiting to happen. (2) Straightening out the last hack mechanics quick fixes and improper assembly. All three of mine have had "problems waiting to happen" left behind by somebody who didn't know what they were doing. Ebox gaskets missing, exhaust brackets disgarded, twisted off intake studs/ bolts, etc.. I guess this is nothing new to anyone here as I am sure we've all inspected our "new" machines upon getting them home only to find a few things that make us shake our heads in disbelief. Anyways, I was using the online manuals from PPWCMAN, but they have been removed. I have the Polaris manual, it was just easier to look it up online. My machines are 1994 SL750, 1995 SLT750, and a 1996 SL900. I also have a couple old stand-ups (my real passion) with a little too much invested in go-fast parts. There are pics in my profile folder, but here's a few for now..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400.02.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	256484  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HU112BU View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset[1].jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	256485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset[2].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	256486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset[3].jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	256487Thanks again for the Welcome! LOL, my "inherent issues" that I have come across on the polaris's have been pretty typical of the early 750 engines. Ground wire replacement, complete fuel system updates and rebuilds, driveshaft replacement/ pump rebuilds due to age/ neglect. The things that have been prevalent on all the machines has been (1) Going through the ENTIRE machine cleaning, greasing, replacing parts as necessary. They're now around 15 years old so regardless of hours when you tear into them your going to find problems waiting to happen. (2) Straightening out the last hack mechanics quick fixes and improper assembly. All three of mine have had "problems waiting to happen" left behind by somebody who didn't know what they were doing. Ebox gaskets missing, exhaust brackets disgarded, twisted off intake studs/ bolts, etc.. I guess this is nothing new to anyone here as I am sure we've all inspected our "new" machines upon getting them home only to find a few things that make us shake our heads in disbelief. Anyways, I was using the online manuals from PPWCMAN, but they have been removed. I have the Polaris manual, it was just easier to look it up online. My machines are 1994 SL750, 1995 SLT750, and a 1996 SL900. I also have a couple old stand-ups (my real passion) with a little too much invested in go-fast parts. There are pics in my profile folder, but here's a few for now..
    Xlint post!!!!!!!

I know exactly what you're saying about a "new" to you used ski.

Unfortunately many newbies on here run the ski "as is" until it dies. THEN they find the Hulk.....

Banned User
    +1
    Amazing what you find in a new to you ski. Driveshafts wrecked from no grease in the through hull is what I have seen a few times. No gasket on the electrical box as well. Wrecked stators and impellers. Rigged electrical due to not understanding how things operate.

Yep, I see you guys have been there! The bearings let go in the pump of the 900 letting the impeller rattle around on the wear ring. Rather than shut it down, the guy rode it "about 2 miles" to the launch ramp. The stator in the pump is destroyed as well as the wear ring and impeller of course. I think it might have gotten hot as well from the lack of pressure in the pump. Waiting to get the pump together again to put the battery in and compression test it. Dunno if it did or not, but the rear cylinder head cover is kind of a faded red compared to the mag and center ones. Anyways, I'll keep ya'll posted on the progress.

Tracy

Banned User
    +1
    No need to be in a closet. There is nothing embarrasing about a Polaris. And by the way....that 900 sure is a fun ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information