Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R&D Power Plenum Filter Kit for Yamaha 1.8 Naturally Aspirated

Any opinions on the r&d plenum filter for thr vxr ?

+1
    have one on mine works great !!!!

Do you notice any major differences with it ?? I cant decide to go that way or with the riva kit ?

+1
    the rive cold air takes away some of your storage space up front, other than that i dont know if their is much diff,

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I have tried a multitude of different filters and air intake systems on my VXS. The R&D works as good as any that I have tried. More air is definately needed in the VXR/S.

I like the riva because it takes fresh air from the outside of the hull as oposed to grabing it from inside with all the heat.
    Down side of the riva is they reuse the plastic rivets to hold the plastic bulkhead in place. from the weight of the filter and air scoop, my plastic bulkhead broke at 3 of the 4 rivet points and at the filter bracket( the 3 inch round hole).
    I got a piece of 1/8 aluminum and secured it with rubber grommets / inserts (not sure of the name ) from the nutty co in Derby Ct. I can send you piks if you need.
    I haven't been able to upload piks to this site from my iphone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oi812 View Post
    I like the riva because it takes fresh air from the outside of the hull as oposed to grabing it from inside with all the heat.
    Down side of the riva is they reuse the plastic rivets to hold the plastic bulkhead in place. from the weight of the filter and air scoop, my plastic bulkhead broke at 3 of the 4 rivet points and at the filter bracket( the 3 inch round hole).
    I got a piece of 1/8 aluminum and secured it with rubber grommets / inserts (not sure of the name ) from the nutty co in Derby Ct. I can send you piks if you need.
    I haven't been able to upload piks to this site from my iphone.
    wellnuts.............. your talking about the cold air vs. the power filter differnt filter kit

Heres my idea........take 4 flo-rite vent (water resistant) put 2 inside the hood to allow for air from the hood scoop. Like the riva kit suggests........then take 2 more and put them in that plastic "firewall" in the trunk between the engine compartment. Plus the r&d plenum filter which is like $140 as opposed to $400 and change, then the riva engine breather as well, like $50. So what do you guys think ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE514 View Post
    Heres my idea........take 4 flo-rite vent (water resistant) put 2 inside the hood to allow for air from the hood scoop. Like the riva kit suggests........then take 2 more and put them in that plastic "firewall" in the trunk between the engine compartment. Plus the r&d plenum filter which is like $140 as opposed to $400 and change, then the riva engine breather as well, like $50. So what do you guys think ???
    Sounds good

The Riva kit has the good idea of cooler air, yes. The most important thing on an NA motor is air availability. This is the benefit of the R&D filter because it puts the air right there and doesn't make the motor pull the air through the tube. Remember this is an NA motor so no turbo/supercharger to help with this. On the cool air part yes when you first start the engine compartment is hot but when the engine is running at speed there is alot of air circulating into the engine compartment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information