Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

300x scom/hours any problems?

Anyone had any problems with there 300x after installing the speed delimiter and if so what issues did you have. also how many hours on the SCOM,Just curious to know before i install one.I have searched and really havent read of any engine failures related to it. The dealer i purchased my ski from told me even on the 2011`s they can check the memory in the ecu and see what RPM`s youve been running If you were to have a engine related problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    The dealer i purchased my ski from told me even on the 2011`s they can check the memory in the ecu and see what RPM`s youve been running If you were to have a engine related problem.
    Did they indicate that they would cover engine problems if they knew you had modified the craft to allow for higher rpm's?

Or were they saying they could refuse warranty work If you modified your craft to achieve higher than stock RPM?
    Last edited by dukenyc; 10-16-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: stupid ipad...

+1
    The manual doesn't state what is the MAX RPM the 300X can take.
    Normally all boat should state it!

But yes it is true, they should be able to see your running hour RPM in the ECU

+1
    Anyone had any problems with there 300x after installing the speed delimiter and if so what issues did you have. also how many hours on the SCOM,Just curious to know before i install one.I have searched and really havent read of any engine failures related to it. The dealer i purchased my ski from told me even on the 2011`s they can check the memory in the ecu and see what RPM`s youve been running If you were to have a engine related problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukenyc View Post
    Or were they saying they could refuse warranty work I you modified your craft to run in the high 60's by allowing it to achieve higher than stock RPM?
    Here we go again. I love the way you just had to throw in the speed thing.........

Jeff, as far as your concern, I have almost 60 hours on mine of which 50 was with the SCOM not the first problem with anything on my ski. If you are concerned with your warranty call Kawasaki rather than asking on here. We are not Kawasaki Warranty claims dept. We can only speculate as you are. If you are really that worried leave it alone.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    At this time there are zero engine failures related to SCOM that I am aware of. There have been a few engine failures with the 300. A couple were due to the impeller bolt coming loose (everybody check yours or Waz will kick your teeth in), one due to guys messing with the timing and using washers and? (who knows, they are rarely honest) and another due to probable improper break-in and ?? (who knows they are rarely honest)
    Yes they can read what ever rpms/speed/etc. done. That does not ALWAYS mean they will not cover failure. It completely depends on cause and absence of hanky/panky/honesty. One failure had a broken rod and some other issues. The stock rods are built S T R O N G . Who knows what the hell they did to that one.

Banned User
    +1
    80hrs ish on mine 70 with the scom and i beat mine hard every single time i ride it. Only problem with mine is the tanks forever empty!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    80hrs ish on mine 70 with the scom and i beat mine hard every single time i ride it. Only problem with mine is the tanks forever empty!
    Thanks Mike,

This is the kind of response i was looking for.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    If you are concerned with your warranty call Kawasaki rather than asking on here. We are not Kawasaki Warranty claims dept.
    Where in the world did you get the idea I thought this was a warranty claims dept?
    I never even mentioned warranty nor did i ask anything about warranty in my post.

+1
    The dealer i purchased my ski from told me even on the 2011`s they can check the memory in the ecu and see what RPM`s youve been running If you were to have a engine related problem.
    This was where in the world I got the idea. I answered you question with my hours. When you wrote this part of your original post it was sounding like you were concerned about the dealership seeing you were runningthe higher RPMs. I also wrote IF you were concerned. If you are not fine ignorethe rest of my reply. You obviously have a problem with my post I see. I will no longer post on your threads if you rather me do that.

+1
    a bit of humour in a post and you get all defensive lol i thought it was only us aussies that copped it.
    you refered to the dealer so one would assume you are contemplating the install and dont want any issues relating to the install, that you dealer would find out about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information