Poquoson Virginia

Jet Ski Pullage!

The wind finally let up some today so I took advantage of it. I dropped my ski in at Tidemill boat ramp around 1030 hrs and headed out to the Chesapeake Bay in search of dinner. I was not let down. After making several moves on different structures I got into some nice Sheepshead and Tautog action using live fiddler crabs for bait. I caught 2 nice sheeps that were around 9 lbs. The Togs were biting the most, I managed nine and kept four between 18-20 inches. Some good pullage and great fun! I was back by 1400 hrs. I took some pictures along the shoreline on the way back.

Slidell, La.
    Nice photos. It's funny you use fiddler crabs for bait, being I always use cracked crabs for bait down here in South Louisiana as well. Sheephead are fun to catch..we call them jail trout or prison fish because of their black and white stripes. (like an old prison or jail uniform) Other than them having alot of small bones, they are really tasty. Baked in the oven with lemon, butter fresh garlic and your choice of spices makes for a good dinner. I've also had them where the meat was secured in a cheesecloth then boiled in crab boil. Again, thanks for sharing youor photos and experience.

Thread Information