Code P2279 Help Please

New 2011 rxt 260. Didn't even make it to the water. I believe it is an air leak beyond the throttle body. The dealer couldn't figure out. I'm taking it back today to have them look at the problem again. I've double checked all fittings and connectors.

Thanks

i have the same fault code

throtel not responding and give p2279 fault code was checking all the conectors and its all good anything else that can cause that ???

Quote Originally Posted by rxprxtcurt View Post
    New 2011 rxt 260. Didn't even make it to the water. I believe it is an air leak beyond the throttle body. The dealer couldn't figure out. I'm taking it back today to have them look at the problem again. I've double checked all fittings and connectors.

Thanks

+1
    Shop manual states "Air intake manifold leak down stream of throttle". If you haven't even hit the water yet I would definately take it back to the dealer and have them clear the code from the ECU and correct the problem as required. "Dealer could not figure it out" should not an option or acceptable. Lots of smart people on the site, I'm sure some will chime in and provide assistance. Good luck...

mine was in the water and run for lots of hours , then start doing this drama any idea why ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Shop manual states "Air intake manifold leak down stream of throttle". If you haven't even hit the water yet I would definately take it back to the dealer and have them clear the code from the ECU and correct the problem as required. "Dealer could not figure it out" should not an option or acceptable. Lots of smart people on the site, I'm sure some will chime in and provide assistance. Good luck...

+1
    Got the same code today....any ideas from the "smart people"?
    Ran fine for about 30 min. Shut it off for a minute then it acted up. RPM's are all over the place and then goes into limp mode.

I was having that issue with mine after a reflash. I ended up taking the throttle body off and just checking for leaks etc put a bit of spray lube around the butterfly and it all seems good.
    After that it all seems fine with only my 1505 error that i cant get rid of even with a new sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Got the same code today....any ideas from the "smart people"?
    Ran fine for about 30 min. Shut it off for a minute then it acted up. RPM's are all over the place and then goes into limp mode.

+1
    I didn't take anything apart. I reflashed to stock and all was good. I then reflashed to 8350 and test ran it. My guess is the TPS was off and it thought was getting too much air. I threw two codes - air leak and intake pressure sensor fault.

Candoo is next on the wish list

I went through the whole spill on my 2010. Pulled throttle body, intake, everything. Couldn't find anything wrong. It was the map sensor...

Wouldn't always throw the fault because the values where in range, but not what they should be.

Mine went out at the same time I changed the ECU out... Not sure why. If you think about it some, the ECU get's it's input from the map sensor, how else would it know the pressure is low. But it could be reading correctly and you have a cracked intake or something else wrong...

+1
    TRUE! but it ran for two hours today - NO ISSUES

Thread Information