Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy 05 Aquatrax F12 Turbo GPScapes Service Problems

Hello Forum Readers,

First post here and would appreciate some advice. I have an 05 Aquatrax Turbo with 100 hours that has been in the shop all summer and I am trying to decide to ditch it or fix it. So, here is the saga.

Early spring ski was accidentally pushed down hill on trailer and ended up on top of brick mailbox. Approx. 1500 dollars damage to fiberglass and rear end.

After getting it out of the glass shop it ran fantastic for one day! The next morning it started the loss of power, limping, fi code issues that I have read on this forum. 4 different repair facilities and still not fixed. The current facility (honda certified) says that the wiring harness and computer need to be replaced at a cost of 2300 dollars. Could this be the case? All for an Fi code?

Questions. 1. Could the collision with the mailbox cause the Fi, limping problem? 2. Is it worth fixing? 3. Could it be something other than the wiring harness and computer?

Any advice is appreciated.

Frustrated in Florida
    DZ

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    ECU might be bad.......what codes is it throwing......usually its a code 25 Knock sensor

They changed the knock sensor and now say it needs new wiring harness and computer? Not sure I want to spend 2300 dollars to so such? It was growing the fi or f1 code but 3 of the 4 mechanics did not have the Honda computer to get a reading. If that makes sense?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzepp View Post
    They changed the knock sensor and now say it needs new wiring harness and computer? Not sure I want to spend 2300 dollars to so such? It was growing the fi or f1 code but 3 of the 4 mechanics did not have the Honda computer to get a reading. If that makes sense?

Change the ECU and you will be fine......Buy one from Ebay that accepts returns....Look n PWCTODAY.com someone there may have one.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I saw 1 05' wire harness on ebay and a few ecu's dont know if they are 05' year compatiable

Rick

Thanks. Assuming I can find a used ecu, is it difficult to change out? Require special tools? Or does it just plug in?

Thanks
    Doug

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzepp View Post
    Rick

Thanks. Assuming I can find a used ecu, is it difficult to change out? Require special tools? Or does it just plug in?

Thanks
    Doug

basic hand tools will do it......... make sure if you ebay it they have returns in case it dont work

Rick

One final question. What does the knock sensor replacement have to do with the diagnostic computer saying that the wiring harness and ecu need to be replaced? Was replacing the knock sensor a guess at what was wrong? And, if the wiring harness is bad how does that relate to a bad ecu? It seems as if the wiring harness is bad it would not be able to send a diagnosis that te ecu bad? None of this seems logical to me and more like a repair facility that really does not know what is wrong and is trying the old process of elimination method of fixing the ski.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    The ski keeps putting out a code 25 knock sensor.....after changing the sensor if it still produces the code its a bad ECU

Rick Thanks for all the replies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information