Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delayed Release

+1

Delayed Release

There are a VERY FEW Ultra's out there. The reason there isn't more, is related to a recall that has already been issued about the spark plug wires.

I don't have details, but it sounds like they want these fixed before the majority of them leave the floor.

+1
    Some dealers @ the NY boat show were saying that their orders for Ultras have been cut back drastically by Kawasaki. Like, "we ordered 50 and we're only getting 22".

They were selling them @ list price.

+1
    Kawi had assured all the dealers that there would be no limit on how many units would be available for the 2007 model year. In the same breath they encouraged them to place large initial orders. Now they are telling some pretty large dealers that the number delivered will be less than half of what they ordered. This is going to cause havac with the price, especially if the Ultra gets a positive nod when in consumers hands.

Richard

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    I agree Rich. Thats been a trend in the consumer marketplace this year with lots of different products. This one will be no different. A friend of mine recently had a deposit on a new Shelby GT 500 for $56K. A week later and right before he signed the papers the dealership told him they raised the price to $78k. He ripped up the papers and walked out. Is everyone getting a final price in writing with their deposits? I hope so. I'm sure there are going to be some crooked dealerships out there trying to burn people.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    I talked to my dealer today and said that my order has a confirmation number assigned to it, so atleast my order is fine. He said end of Feb he should know more on delivery date. According to dealer, the number sent out to them had to do with past years sales for that dealership. So i guess if you placed your order with a Kawasaki only dealership you have a better chance of getting one, instead of a multi brand dealer. To make sure that the price qouted on phone was right I went down 2 them and paid my deposit in person, and have a signed balance due from owner.

Is everyone getting a final price in writing with their deposits? I hope so. I'm sure there are going to be some crooked dealerships out there trying to burn people.[/quote]

Thanks to Rich I put a deposit and got a fax back in writing with total amount OTD in writing. I hope I get it this month as I am picking up my trailer next week through another hookup from Rich.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post
    Is everyone getting a final price in writing with their deposits? I hope so. I'm sure there are going to be some crooked dealerships out there trying to burn people.
    Thanks to Rich I put a deposit and got a fax back in writing with total amount OTD in writing. I hope I get it this month as I am picking up my trailer next week through another hookup from Rich.[/quote]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I got the total OTD price in writing. All my fax says is that I gave a $500 deposit on the first blue Ultra. I have the email they sent stating the OTD price for the group buy so it shouldn't be a problem.

Rich

13xracing - aka 427racing 13xracing's Avatar
    I have one here for $15,000 if anyone is interested! LOL Glad I signed the papers and paid for it. The dealer still wants it for the boat show, but I am weary.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Velvet rope and red carpet. Armed security.

13xracing - aka 427racing 13xracing's Avatar
    By the way, does anyone know what country that Diabloracing is out of?? The rear seat of the 250 is a pig and they had a sweet carbon fiber replacement. I would bet that rear seat is 20lbs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information