Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Right impeller for my mod. FZR

Hope you guys can give some advise please.

My FZR is fitted with: Riva ride plate and grate with 1 sim washer in front, Riva power filter kit,OEM intercooler upgrade kit, BOV kit, manifold upgrade, engine breather kit, free flow exhaust, brand new OEM wear ring and standard impeller. The ECU has also been remapped by local dealer. He also said that no changes has to been made to boost or feul pressure.

Did test runs yesterday with this set up and best speed recorded was 71.5mph. Weather was overcast, temp. 62.6F and slight wind 5kts. Ski was 1/2 tank and trim 1 up.

The ski has got no cavation, which I'm very happy about but it seems to run way into the revs. Don't have digital tacho but runs pass 8000 but does not limit.

My question is, is the speed I'm getting right and what impeller can I fit to get more speed if possible and bring revs down. Been reading the forums and see alot of guys run either Skat 13/23 or 13/24. Is this a good choose?

If there is anything else you guys can suggest to add to the ski, it will be much appreciated.

+1
    You say your ECU was remapped by a local dealer... what exaclty are the parameters he set? Ie- rev limit, boost limit, etc. You also need to get a digital tach such as the TinyTach or PET tach. You cannot tune without a solid baseline.

Also, who is your dealer that is reprograming ECUs? I was under the assumption only R&D did it now since Simon isnt doing it anymore.

Dealer in South Africa, I need to contact him and get all info from him. Where can I get Tiny Tach from?

But from me tread, is the speed right or should i do better?

Quote Originally Posted by Melvo View Post
    Dealer in South Africa, I need to contact him and get all info from him. Where can I get Tiny Tach from?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Improved-Tin...ht_2307wt_1189

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvo View Post

I was just curious more than anything. It's very difficult to say if your speed is right without knowing your current revs and the rev limiter. But assuming you have a rev limiter around the 8200 range(just a guess), you are leaving some speed on the table. For comparison, I ran 74.9 with the mods in my sig on the stock ECU. IMO figure out your revs/ rev limtier and we can help much more

Thanks for the info, will also have a look locally before importing.

Spoke to the dealer that remapped the ECU for me and he said that he mapped it so it automaticaly set it self with the mods that I have fitted for max. performance. He also said that I can still add a C1 wheel to supercharger and the ECU will adjust boost accordingly. He advised to fit engine cooling kit as well for better cooling.

Can you also let me know which impeller would work best!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Melvo, Welcome to the forum.
    I have to ask. How much do you trust this dealer? To be very honest, I think he's feeding you a line of CRAP!!
    From what I've seen, remapping an ECU is way more complicated than what your typical dealer is capable of doing.
    If he's charging you for this service, you need to start asking some questions. Like " How is he remapping it? What equipment is he using? What is he setting the limits at?", etc.
    Dont let him BS you.

He is very skiddest in releasing the info on the remapping of my ECU. He said he import the software to remap the ECU's but every time I phone him, he as little more info about the remapping of my ECU. Well, looks like I was taken for a ride, but now i just have to do with what I've got.
    Thanks for all the input from you guys so far!

Will get the tacho ASAP.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Yep, just figure your ECU is still stock and go from there. Like Mike said, get the Tach. so you can accuratly figure out what your impeller pitch needs to be. They are invaluable for tuning your ski.

Good Luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Melvo, Welcome to the forum.
    I have to ask. How much do you trust this dealer? To be very honest, I think he's feeding you a line of CRAP!!
    From what I've seen, remapping an ECU is way more complicated than what your typical dealer is capable of doing.
    If he's charging you for this service, you need to start asking some questions. Like " How is he remapping it? What equipment is he using? What is he setting the limits at?", etc.
    Dont let him BS you.

Exactly what I was thinking. Especially with the 71.5 speed. That seems about right for a stock ECU and stock prop. Repitch or a new prop will suit you well. I would get a skat 13/20. Thats what I use and my speed is very good for my mods.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information