canadian iceman
    +1

Danny's Mani cooler test at world finals!!

I recently got my hands on the Mani cooler at world finals in lake havasu city az. As you all no this unit is built by danny here on hulk and had some pretty sweet results to share. Firstly FYI...i am a bred racer moreso than a mechanic but I do all my own tuning and tech to all my race equipment. As far as the install of the unit goes it took me 3 tries to properly install this piece as I DID NOT listen to danny's instructions from the get go as I should have...when installing you must follow vital steps to make this fit perfectly and it does that let me tell you!! It is an exact fit into an rxpx hull. It comes with a support bracket that you mount firstly and then bolt the manicooler to the head and snug down before you even think of installing anything else. Once bolted down you must relocate your throttle body so the cable properly finctions...and it's super tight and fits perfectly once all ziped up not to mention how sweet and clean the hull is when all the other hoses were removed.. When i first started it up It ran super crisp as throttle response was out of this world and once I added some more fuel preasure it was spot on. In the water It had unreal snap when blipping the throttle and a much wider mid range than the stocker for sure. I am comparing this to my stock rxpx intake system with riva relo kit and all the goodies which of course got tossed out for this testing of the manicooler. The cooler itself does have some beef to it and replaces all the piping and the whole intercooler setup that the stock unit has so I expect you end up loosing some weight using this setup. This is going to be a sweet mod for recreational use as I expect danny will get tons of you wanting this well built piece.!! I will try and get a few pics posted on this as well. Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manicooler4.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	256724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manicooler3.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	256723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mani cooler1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	256722  
    Last edited by IM2FAST4U; 10-19-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: pics added

+1
    Nice!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    I recently got my hands on the Mani cooler at world finals in lake havasu city az. As you all no this unit is built by danny here on hulk and had some pretty sweet results to share. Firstly FYI...i am a bred racer moreso than a mechanic but I do all my own tuning and tech to all my race equipment. As far as the install of the unit goes it took me 3 tries to properly install this piece as I DID NOT listen to danny's instructions from the get go as I should have...when installing you must follow vital steps to make this fit perfectly and it does that let me tell you!! It is an exact fit into an rxpx hull. It comes with a support bracket that you mount firstly and then bolt the manicooler to the head and snug down before you even think of installing anything else. Once bolted down you must relocate your throttle body so the cable properly finctions...and it's super tight and fits perfectly once all ziped up not to mention how sweet and clean the hull is when all the other hoses were removed.. When i first started it up It ran super crisp as throttle response was out of this world and once I added some more fuel preasure it was spot on. In the water It had unreal snap when blipping the throttle and a much wider mid range than the stocker for sure. I am comparing this to my stock rxpx intake system with riva relo kit and all the goodies which of course got tossed out for this testing of the manicooler. The cooler itself does have some beef to it and replaces all the piping and the whole intercooler setup that the stock unit has so I expect you end up loosing some weight using this setup. This is going to be a sweet mod for recreational use as I expect danny will get tons of you wanting this well built piece.!! I will try and get a few pics posted on this as well. Cheers
    IF my info is correct this is more of a Rec. riding or Drag racing type ICer correct???It does not like the quick on/off/on/off or should i say CC throttle applications???It is a nice piece as i have seen these ICers personally..Danny had put alot of thought into the design..

+1
    Will it fit in a gprxp hall

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks for testing it at the Final's Cory! Can't wait to race with you next year

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    IF my info is correct this is more of a Rec. riding or Drag racing type ICer correct???It does not like the quick on/off/on/off or should i say CC throttle applications???It is a nice piece as i have seen these ICers personally..Danny had put alot of thought into the design..
    You are correct Sno, its not for CC racing...Quick throttle on/off's will bring a slight response delay that a normal rider will not notice, but a racer will...Yet when you ROLL into the throttle, and the slow time it takes to do it (we're talking 1 second compared to a 1/10th second) it pulls hard, wanting more volume as the rev's go up...Nail it from a stand still and you're GONE...So for Drag Racing, we'll know in a week or two at the Big Show

Quote Originally Posted by iron head View Post
    Will it fit in a gprxp hall
    So far so good, just tight in the upper corner. My measurements showed the same gap as an RXP, but I only had the top hat when measuring. When I get the unit back from testing I'll be able to drop a complete unit it in a GPRXP...

Nice and Clean look.

+1
    sounds good

+1
    got any temp data?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    got any temp data?
    Its tough to get temp data due to so many variables when riding, including the riding area...Since the I is a standard XS style unit, air charge temp is good...Thats the good part of the design, if you want a specific IC CORE, it can be easily swapped in

+1
    that's a sharp looking unit Danny...

Thread Information