+1

96 780 slx newbie could use help

i could use some instruction on running this unit in the shop - do you need anything special to run and assess the machine . i am asking can it be connected to a hose and ran ? i have read some posts and it read that 2 min max . i did post this the other day and i cant find it anywhere and i suspect you dont recieve notification of mailed answeres

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Yes it can be run in the shop. Either using the optional garden hose hook up, or installing the hose on the main (3/4") water intake hose coming off the jet.

Only run it for no more than 2 mins like this or you will burn up the thru hull and pump seals. Now if you remove the drive shaft, you can run it as long as you like since you aren't hurting either of these.

NOTE: start engine, turn on water. Shut off water and then engine in that order to prevent water intrusion into the engine.

NOTE: running on the trailer does not simulate the engine in the water. It has no load on it, and will run fine normally. Once in the water, performance problems may appear.

You can set up your account to recieve notifications if you wish. I believe it's just a matter of checking one of the boxes on your "settings" page. But almost all Q's are answered right away in the Polaris section, so check back daily.

FYI: use the "advanced" search function to find any posts created by you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ktheake View Post
    i could use some instruction on running this unit in the shop - do you need anything special to run and assess the machine . i am asking can it be connected to a hose and ran ? i have read some posts and it read that 2 min max . i did post this the other day and i cant find it anywhere and i suspect you dont recieve notification of mailed answeres
    In addition to Xlint's recommendations, At the top of the thread click on "Thread Tools" and subscribe with instant notification via email.

You can also find all of the treads you started by clicking on "my profile" at the very top of the site and "find all started threads" halfway down on the left of your profile.

Thread Information