Anyone from the Sarasota area? Thinking of relocating there.

I currently live in the Northeast (Massachusetts) and looking to relocate to the Sarasota area. I'm going to be visiting Sarasota in a couple weeks just to make sure I infact like the area.

I'm hoping some members from the area can tell me what areas to look at and what areas of Sarasote to stay away from when it comes to buying a house.

I'm also curious how the jet ski riding is in Sarasota and if there is a large base of riders?

Thank you in advance.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by JayG View Post
    I currently live in the Northeast (Massachusetts) and looking to relocate to the Sarasota area. I'm going to be visiting Sarasota in a couple weeks just to make sure I infact like the area.

I'm hoping some members from the area can tell me what areas to look at and what areas of Sarasote to stay away from when it comes to buying a house.

I'm also curious how the jet ski riding is in Sarasota and if there is a large base of riders?

Thank you in advance.
    Sarasaota is very nice!! There is alot of riding to do around there. Great nightlife and close to both Tampa and Ft.Myers!!!! You can maybe get a river or Canal front house if you don't mind living in the typical Florida block house. My company just bought a house in Punta Gorda on the river with 5 acres for $375,000. Alot of money I know but for Florida not bad.

+1
    sarasota is perfect. alot of old people and money... lot of skis there or you could also you can always ride up at the tampa causeway there is alot of people who ride there. as far as bad parts i did not see to many spots there that would concern me. lots to do there, and some real pretty beachs

I live in Venice and work in Sarasota. Moved down here two years ago from Chicago and absolutely love it. Most of Sarasota is very nice, but some areas are pricey and some are low-income housing. I just bought a ski a month ago and have been riding from the Venice Jetty up to Sarasota bay and back. It's a very nice ride. New to the forum as well, and looking for some groups to get together occasionally for rides.

+1
    Any place in Florida would be an improvement over Massachusetts, lol...

ugghhh, until the hurricanes hit.

I go there every year on vacation I will be there first week in July absolutely beautiful we stay at the end of Lido Key this year I will be taking the Ski's I am very excited

The food at Barnicle Bills is awesome!! And the Chettah has nice scenery too!!

I haven't relocated yet but still working on it. I had an illness in the family which put my plans on hold for a while but now that is cleared up the plan is back on.

I've just started to look for jobs again so hopefully I'll find something soon. Anyone have an openings in the IT field?

I ate at Barnacle Bills the last time I was down there and the food excellent!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JayG View Post
    I haven't relocated yet but still working on it. I had an illness in the family which put my plans on hold for a while but now that is cleared up the plan is back on.

I've just started to look for jobs again so hopefully I'll find something soon. Anyone have an openings in the IT field?

I ate at Barnacle Bills the last time I was down there and the food excellent!
    TechData, Cisco, Sun, HP, Trend Micro all have field rep openings down there i believe

Thread Information