F15x makes funny noise

It has done this, I think from day one. I have a noise that sounds like marbles hitting the hull and it only happens under certain conditions such as a light load on the motor is when I hear it...earplugs have really been a big help but I am wondering if something else is sees a lot of glass water! Any ideas. I used to have a twin turbo in my jet boat that had 2 wastegate overboard almost seems like that is what I am hearing. The ski sees a lot of the river.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steve&WaltGetGlass.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	256880  

Jax, Florida
    This is one of the problems with the Hondas being so quiet. The water under the hull and even the pump sucking in water on glass is very audible. The most noise I get is from the wind blowing past my ears at high speeds, especially if I am wearing sunglass straps....

Quit Worrying, I figured this out. I just got back from a river trip and I Know what is happening. I read in a post here or on PWC where someone said it was the sponsons. I don't think that is it but the advice given helped me narrow it down. I can make the sound happen pretty much at will by just running up to 30-45mph and letting off the gas. But, if the ski has any kind of angle on it(turn or lean), the sound does not happen. It really is the sound of the water on the hull. I think made a bit worse by the modded ride plate and wedge. Thanks for the tips, my earplugs make it all go away.

Thread Information