Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need an Engine Please!

Guys this is my second thread m going crazy looking for an engine i have a 2007 ultra 250 if you guys know anyone that has one please let me know or if the 260 fits i will take that also and if you guys know any race teams that might sell there engines after a while also let me thx for your help.

+1
    try the offshore .com guys or you can buy a brand new one from the factory for $4000. sorry I couldn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    try the offshore .com guys or you can buy a brand new one from the factory for $4000.
    Offshore.com guys don't have a spare or used engine. What they have on their skis is what they've got.
    Factory doesn't sell 250/260 engine. They only carry 300 engine but would not work on 250/260.
    Option is either sell it as is or fix it.

+1
    The prices are so cheap for used skis right now I would probably recommend just going that route. Buy a running ski. You will spend a little more but won't have the labor involved. Especially with it being an 07 with the 2 bigger skis since. You could have some real bargining power on that deal. I saw some around the house that were for sale and he was asking 5000 each. he had 2 that had both just gotten new engines under warranty. In places where there is not as good as a market I would think a 250 either 07 or 08 looking around you should find one for around 4000-4500 with low hours. Hardest thing to find with those is a good engine. Most people parting those skis are doing so because of a blown engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Offshore.com guys don't have a spare or used engine. What they have on their skis is what they've got.
    Factory doesn't sell 250/260 engine. They only carry 300 engine but would not work on 250/260.
    Option is either sell it as is or fix it.
    Sorry i thought off shore guy would known more then me if they were available or had one. I thought the block were the same on 250,260,300. I guess not. Thanks for the info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    Sorry i thought off shore guy would known more then me if they were available or had one. I thought the block were the same on 250,260,300. I guess not. Thanks for the info
    mistake,mistake.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by c.raul View Post
    Guys this is my second thread m going crazy looking for an engine i have a 2007 ultra 250 if you guys know anyone that has one please let me know or if the 260 fits i will take that also and if you guys know any race teams that might sell there engines after a while also let me thx for your help.
    how much is it to rebuild yours?

+1
    If you have no engine like you bought it without one, either start checking ebay or do a motor swap. Other than that it's just parts.
    I've seen everything you need on ebay at one time or another. Check with the vendor selling the stuff, they might have it all just blown up.

+1
    I look at this thread and agree we need more information to solve your problem. If you purchased a ski with no motor, you'll probably spend more than what it's worth trying to find another complete engine . If you blew an existing engine or purchased a ski with a bad motor we need to know what is wrong with it to direct you to the right sources. Many time a motor only needs cases, crank , rods , etc as even a blown motor usually has many salvageable parts. Sometimes Cases can be welded, cylinders sleeved, undamaged valve train parts installed on a new head. Aftermarket companies have some parts available such as crankshafts, rods , and piston, saving hundreds over genuine Kawasaki parts. Remember some [not all] parts from a 15F engine will interchange with the supercharged engines.
    It all boils down to what you want to spend. As a Kawasaki tech I often see people spend more money on repairing their ski than what I think it's worth, but who am I to determine that......Steve

Guys my ski was stolen like about 6months ago I was so depressed of the cituation that I left in my back yard and now is when I decided to start building it again so thats the issue that I have thx oh yeah I have everything else wire harness speedometer evrything else just need engine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information