Earth, USA, California

In Memory of Lee Manvell 1970-2011

In Memory of Lee Manvell

Please join us on Lee's Memorial page and leave your condolences to his wife and daughter.

Lee Manvell 1970-2011
    October 21, 2011

IJSBA is very sad to report that Lee Manvell has passed away. We will post a formal statement from the family when it is received. Lee Manvell has had a long career in the sport of PWC Racing and has helped numerous persons achieve high accolades- especially with his fiberglass skills. He will be missed by many.

IJSBA would also like to thank the community for the strong showing of support and compassion for the Manvell family as Lee made a brave fight to beat a terrible illness.

The Manvell family is currently in China where Lee was undergoing therapy. Persons who want to send condolences may send them to IJSBA where we will forward them. Please send any correspondence to:

Attn: Shawn Manvell
    330 Purissima Street
    Suite C
    Half Moon Bay, CA 94019

Banned User
    Lake Havasu
    For those that didn't know Lee, here's a short story about him, written last year, I think;
    Lee was one of those rare individuals. He was extremely talented, and very intelligent. He was also very personal. I had the opportunity to meet and hang out with him a few years ago, and more recently, had breakfast with him. I will always remember the times I spent watching him test/tune some new hull/engine combination down at Body Beach, and tossing the stick for his dog, Bentley.

Mesa, AZ
    "Behind the Scenes" really just doesn't sum it up for him. In reality, for the last 5 years, almost every open-class ski that came to the line, had some type of Manville hull win the race, or at a minimum fill most spots in the top five.

I never met the man... but I've seen his work. Truly inspiring. I had no idea he was sick.

Earth, USA, California
    Hello everyone,
    Shawn and Ryan will be arriving back on Wednesday. A Memorial Service for Lee will be on Friday, October 28th at the Advantage Funeral Home in Huntington Beach from 1pm-3pm.
    627 Main St.
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    For questions about the service please contact Dana-Beth Lasker at

Thread Information